Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Our 10Th Anv Come And Gone

The 19th would have marked George and my 10th wedding anniversary. I couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like if he'd been here. I only know I love him as much as I ever did and realize what a gem he was in my life. My son has a new found love and we were comparing notes today...it sounds like he has found what George and I had. He said the relationship is just so easy and I told him that's what it was like for George and I too...we made tremendous effort but it didn't FEEL like effort, and my son understood because he finally has what we had together. He could always see what we had together but it's so different experiencing it yourself, then you REALLY know what it's like.

Dear Kay,

I know what you mean, about missing the love of your life. Pauline was on my mind all day yesterday, in one way or another. My younger brother Mark called me last night. We talked for about 1 1/2 hours. It was midnight here when we were done. He told me that in 1984, Pauline and I flew back to Kansas for a family reunion, and when he saw our deep love for each other, that changed him. He realized that he did not have what Pauline and I had. He told me they all talked about how our faces just glowed with love. He asked me last night why people just settled for what they have and not find what we had? I told him, that Pauline and I met because we were meant to. That some higher power guides us to our place of meeting, because, Pauline would need someone later in life that loved her forever, and would care for her, no matter how hard it would, and did get. It is very rare to find that kind of love in this world today. People are just so mixed up, and just settle, and stay unhappy for years, until they cannot take it any more. I really hope, that your son has found, what we both experienced in our lives, with George and Pauline, because it was GREAT, that no one will ever come close to replacing that love we shared.

God Bless

Dwayne

Dear Kay,

Congratulations to your son and to you for recognizing the true gift he has been given. I pray you made it through your day okay and that George is with your heart when you miss him most.

Take good care. I love you.

Kath