Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Is This A Dream Or A Nightmare?

Dave,

I see it was six months ago you joined here, although I'm not sure of how long it's been since the actual loss, but six months, I've been told, is one of the hardest times because it's then that the shock wears off and reality sets in...it is like you say, seeming to get harder because the numbness is going. It does get better eventually, but it can take some time. For me, it seemed to be somewhat better in the third year because the memories of George, instead of causing me pain and tears, seemed to evoke happier smiles as I remembered him, and comfort at the thought of his love and the realization that I carry him around inside of me. That took time. I don't know if others have experienced that feeling or not.

For today I have decided to have Thanksgiving at our home....why I guess I need a push to finish up the the painting........and need to have some happy memories in our home again......so this will be the first time I have fixed Thanksgiving dinner.....should be interesting! Busy next few days with preparing for that.....also am boxing up Mikes meds and sending them to my Missionary Aunt that goes to Kenya. They are just sitting in the cabinet unopened and the Pharmacy wouldnt take them back........cant waste anything here! And yet another milestone for me.....cleaning out his stuff, and yet it is his stuff that reminds me of bad times......

This weekend Hospice of the Valley is having a memorial service on Sunday, where pics will be posted of those we have lost............hope it will be........positive? for me, grief support meeting tonight.....work tomorrow.....I guess staying busy will be good!!

Good news! was outside cleaning out the back of the truck, and Mike the Cardinal showed up, havent seen him in months, have to admit I tought he was coming around anymore.........made me sad.......but a smile now what a handsome bird! Speaking of birds also need to go dumpster diving again! never would have guessed that 8 chickens could consume so much food! Sure makes for some expensive eggs....if they ever start to lay! Take care! Dave