Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Numerous Losses At Once

tarandaria

Hello to all

This is my first time here. I need help. I lost my Dad 2 years ago from cancer. The next day my sister in law from suicide. Three months later my little sister, a cocaone and heroin overdose. gosh reading this it looks terrible. i really need someone to talk to. my sister was my one and only best friend her and my dad were always in my corner cheering me on. now they are gone. I feel so, left out and alone. my brother' mom mt daughter and my sisters son walk like robots and hardly talk. we went from this close amazing family to nothing.

i will be moving 4 hours away. after thanksgiving i think i need to move on. im broken.

Hello Tarandaria,

I am new here too and I am so sorry to read about all that you've been through. You must feel so overwhelmed. I have been through numerous losses recently too. I hope that you've been able to reach out to Hospice for some help with your situation. Hang in there, this is a very warm, caring place and it's nice to know that you're not alone.

My dear Tarandaria, I'm so very sorry to learn of your dad's death, followed by the tragic deaths of your sister-in-law and your sister, and I can only imagine the depth of your pain.

I'm taking the liberty of moving your thread over to our Loss of a Sibling forum, in hopes that doing so will bring you more responses. When time, you may find it helpful to read through some of the threads in that forum.

I also encourage you to visit these GriefHealing Web pages, where you will find links to additional resources that I hope will be helpful to you:

Death of a Sibling or Twin

Suicide Loss

Traumatic Loss

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is April. I completely understand how you feel. I lost my father 5 years ago, then tragically lost my mom in January, and my brother Billy was killed on his birthday in April. It all happened so fast. The loneliness starts to eat at you. No sleep, can;t eat, I can't even look at family pictures because I am that broken. The only reason I get up everyday is because of the medicine I'm on. I have a lot of faith and maybe that is what helps me too. Everyone says it gets easier, but it hasn't for me and I don't see when it will. This crazy world, I can't stand it. The most important thing to do is to try to think positive, no matter how hard it is. In all of this, you'll find comfort and believe me everyone handles it their own way! I wish I could say more but I'm actually seeking help on here too.