Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Signs/messages

I was wondering, if anyone has ever gotten any signs or messages from their loved ones that have passed away.

I started reading a lot of books, trying to get better knowledge of the after life. Many people experience signs from their passed loved ones, received messages.

Things, that make you feel that your loved one is still with you?

I'm so sorry for the loss of your fiance. I wanted to say that I've gotten many many signs and messages from my Larry. Without a doubt, they are from him and give me comfort to know he is still with me, watching over me and our dogs. I'm so grateful for this. I wish for you comfort and peace during your grief journey, welcome. Deborah

Yes I have received many signs since I lost Mike.....the frequent sound of him walking through the house, a shadow figure of him one night, and a visit to a Psychic, which left me believing that this relationship hasnot ended, this thought has brought me some peace.......

dave

Jwielg1017,

First I have felt your emptiness and sorrow and wish you comfort.... Yes many signs/messages indeed from my wife Ruth that include... pennies from heaven, her voice speaking softly, shadows passing in the room, the smell of her scent, objects that have been moved, movement in the night, the dogs sensing her and beginning to play in a frenzy as they did when her presence was physical, the warmth of her next to me and many more...I have read several books concerning this "afterlife"...I do not want to offend any members who may not believe in the afterlife or Heaven but in my opinion and based on facts stated in many books we do "live on" after we have passed from this "life", and the things I mentioned above enforce my beliefs...I am also involved with someone who lost her husband and we hear and get signs from him as well...it does not happen for everyone so I am very thankful, as it comforts me knowing Ruth is still with me and I'm learning to love her a new way...I would like to share these books with you and anyone else seeking answers and information regarding this subject, I have read these in this order....

"90 Minutes In Heaven"

Author Don Piper

"When Bad Things Happen to Good People"

Author Harold S. Kushner

"Heaven Is For Real"

Author Todd Burpo (Currently Reading)

Here is an interesting link to some more reading from Bob Olson.....

"Grief is healing: To take away our grief is to take away our healing.

And learning about life after death helps us heal with greater hope, comfort and peace." ~ Bob Olson

The Grief And Belief Connection

May we all find the answers, comfort and peace we are seeking....

NATS

Hummingbirds. After my father passed away in 2002, we sons and daughter converged on my father's house for a month to box everything up and sell the house. A hummingbird hovered and perched everywhere outside his house throughout the move. The thought came to us... That's Dad!

Ron B.

Hey Nats have had a whole lot of things happen today, that I cant explain, in a logical sense, you have hit a nerve.......am I filled with peace, no not really........but am confronted with.......... a whole bunch of conflicting emotions.... will promise to " digest" these thoughts and will.... address these more at a later date.....Thks!! Dave

jwielg1017

I, like so many others, have had signs. The night Bill died, he came to me...very clearly and it was like he was saying I am ok, I am with you. A friend painted what I shared and she said when she painted it (the picture is identical....looks exactly like him and what I saw) she said she was in a different place....we shed our bodies, imho, but we go on....

Mary

Well first, I want to apologize. I didn't know this was the wrong section to post a topic like this in. Was just curious.

The only sign that I'd like to think was Mike sending me a sign was a penny, with his birth year on it. Coincidence? Maybe, but to give myself some sort of comfort, i'd like to think that was my sweet angel sending me a sign that he is with me. I guess i'm looking for more of those obvious signs. I guess it goes along with the not wanting to feel like he is totally gone. I've gone to mediums before. Still no satisfaction. I know i should just find comfort in knowing that since we had such a strong bond and close relationship he is with me, mind spirit and heart.

Your post was in a great spot. No problem there that I can see. We all look and hope for signs....and many of us discuss this off and on and understand your desire to have some sort of evidence that Mike is out there. I believe he is...right nearby....others will have other opinions....stick with us. Mary

I fear you may have misinterpreted my statement that this topic has been discussed many times on our site, and I'm so sorry! That was not meant to imply that your post did not belong here ~ on the contrary, I only meant to say that you are so not alone in your wondering about this! So please know that there is no need for you to apologize. Your post is perfectly appropriate, and it certainly was put in the "right" place. (Besides, we're not really big on what is "right" and "wrong" here anyway!)

Thank you. Glad I didn't upset anyone.

Ron.- I also had an experience with birds. At Mike's funeral a hawk sat in a tree over us. Also, that whole week that he passed away, whenever we(me and my family) were sitting outside, a hawk would sit in the tree, as if it was watching over us.

I'm sorry that you lost your loved one so early in life.Regardless of how long you were together, the pain is the same. Heart wrenching wish you could die pain that doesn't want to go away.After 2 years on Dec. 11th, the pain is there, but less.

In the first 3 months after my husband passed, I felt his presence in the middle of the night 3 times.Some might say I was dreaming, but the second time I woke up and felt someone/thing on the bed beside me. I was on my tummy facing away from the door, so wasn't able to see anything. I tried to scream but couldn't. Finally I felt gentle rubbing on my back and knew it was Lars. I WAS NOT sleeping!!. Since then I dream of him often, but no visits.

I believe that our loved ones are with us, they watch over us and guide us. With their help, if we let them, we learn to live and deal with our pain and loss.

Lainey

With me it was rainbows. When George died there was a tremendous spectacular thunder and lightening storm, it lit up the sky was was HUGE, and IN IT there was a triple rainbow! My sister sent me pictures her husband took, it was at the exact time he died. Unfortunately I lost it when my computer's hard drive crashed as I no longer have access to the email account she sent it to and I wasn't thinking straight enough to save it better.

Since that time, when I've needed one, a rainbow would appear, esp. in the first year, not so much now. It always filled my heart with reassurance.

I just read on Facebook that Sally Grablick, the author of The Reason: Help and Hope for Those Who Grieve (the book I mentioned in my blog post, After Death Communication, Continued) is the featured guest on the Open to Hope radio program this morning. Anyone who is interested can listen here: Sally Grablick: Hope and Help after Loss

Stacyines:

I've been to two Mediums, so far. I've read about 10 books also. I hear sometimes they will leave us pennies or feathers. Not to offend anyone that doesn't believe in afterlife, or what our passed loved ones have become. I've read that spirits are energy, so sometimes passed loved ones will work through music/radio, lights flicker, or t.v flicker, and i've also read about the dreams too.

Hello to all--

It is my experience that "we are not bodies with souls, but rather, souls with bodies.

My wife of 40 years passed on march 14, 2011. It has been almost 9 months since she left the physical plane.

I have been quite fortunate to have had quite a bit of contact with her, both in dreams and waking consciousness.

She is very active.

Even though I always believed that more exists than is right in front of us, I lived as if this is all there is. Then my wife passed suddenly and I was faced with believing either in eternal nothingness or in souls going on---

To be clear, there is NO proof that all there is, is right in front of us. To me, that idea seems absurd.

I feel that my wife and I have an ongoing relationship. She does not have a body and can't function too well in the physical plane, but she is very active in ways that don't require a body.

My advice is: Remain open and inviting---be patient, you can't make contact happen. Don't take "sleep aids" or drink at night. At first, I was taking stuff to help me sleep and I finally realized that I was dreaming, but way in the background. Talk to your partner, look at photos before bed and say goodnight.

Good luck

Dear jwielg1017,

I lost the love of my life February 25, 2011. Do I have signs? BIG ones. We were together 33 years, Pauline had MS for many of those years, officially from 1993. On her 5 month day of her passing I had to have an operation. As they were waking me up in the recovery room, the last thing I saw was Pauline's face Happy and Healthy, even the same hair color I had dyed it for her 5 weeks before she passed. Then last week on Wednesday I woke up at 4 AM to study before going to nursing school with a really bad migraine headache. If it was a job I would have called in sick. But at school we take 2 tests every day, and I did not want to take 4 tests the next day. After I took my tests I took my medication for the migraine, but it really did not take it away. So when I got home from school I went right to bed. I was in a deep sleep. All of a sudden I heard Pauline's voice, she said " BABE" really loud. I woke right up. I put my glasses on and looked at the clock, and it was exactly the time we feed our little dog Sugar. So yes I do get signs from my wife Pauline loud and clear.

God Bless

Dwayne