Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Dear Kitten

My kitten was diagnosed with small cell cancer on the morning of oct 7, by afternoon she was on morphine and by night she was on a ventilator.We sat in shock and didnt speak much.That now bothers me. She fought it for 13 days and the Lord took her on oct 21. I am so so scared. I dont know of what, but I amI cant seem to think or work or grocery shop .Heck I cant do much, or dont want to. My girls(adults) want me to decorate,for my grandson. Guess i will but not inside till much later. What to do?

My dear Lance, I'm so sorry to learn of the sudden death of your beloved wife this past October. You're certainly not alone in finding it difficult to gear up for the holidays, despite the sometimes unreasonable expectations of family members. I thought you (and others reading this) might find this article to be helpful: When There Is No Jingle in the Bells

Marty

What a wonderful article. I needed this.Thank you for posting this.

Lance

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make the pain go away but I can't. It has been eight months yesterday that my spouse has been gone. I still feel the pain and the loss. The loneliness is huge regardless if people are around me or not. This site has provided me much comfort over the past months with hurting individuals that are going through the same thing. Please feel free to let your feelings out here. Be patient with yourself and remember you have to give yourself permission to grieve in your own way.

Blessings

Becky

Dear Lance,

I wish that you would have never have had to find this site, HOV. Because it means that another person has lost a great love, the love or their life. My wife Pauline passed over 9 months ago, and on Christmas the 25 it will be 10 months to the day. So you see her passing has changed, this time of year of for me forever, there is no escape for me on that date. My story is different then most on here. My wife and I both fought MS for many years, almost half the years we were together, which was 33 years. In that last part of our life we talked about everything and planned everything, left nothing unsaid. I made her promises, which I take to heart and keep. I am working on one huge one now, I do feel your pain, being so fresh wound and cut so deep. You think that how can something like this ever heal, well it doesn't, we learn new ways to cope, everyone is different, we all do it in our own time and way, but you can make it, just keep coming back, tell us whatever you want to talk about, there are very good people one here, and Marty, she is the bests, no one is better at this than she is. She always has the right thing at her finger tips when we need it the most. I hope you will find some peace and comfort down the road.

God Bless

Dwayne

Lance,

I'm sorry about your kitten, it is hard to do without our companion, I know, I've lost many pets over the years, and some were very hard. Maybe you can do some decorating for your grandson without going all out...if he's old enough, perhaps you can wait until he can help you? It helps to not have to do it alone and to have it as a shared experience, esp. when you're not feeling like it.