Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grieving Boyfriend Ended The Relationship

lilyy

aw no don't feel sorry, it's ok and I was understanding of where you were coming from...it's stuff like that that I need to hear so that I don't lose sight of what needs to be done :) And yes, hopefully we can become friends sometime in the future because he might've not been the best boyfriend but a friend who listens, he was good at being that. Thank you for listening and we'll keep in touch! :D

And yes, hopefully we can become friends sometime in the future because he might've not been the best boyfriend but a friend who listens, he was good at being that.

That's what I figured about Jim too, and it's good. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Lily. Agree, agree, agree with what others are saying on here. I would absolutely limit your contact with him and focus on YOU. That doesn't mean that you aren't there for him but you also are important and need to put your needs first. Your ex will find other ways to deal with the grief and it's very easy to go with whom we find comfort - but it shouldn't be at his convenience. As far as him laying all this on you and feelings of guilt, you are not a friend of convenienc and that is what he is treating you like. It is his issue not yours and your life shouldn't be put on hold for it. He kicked you to the curb, not vice versa. Stay strong - you sound like an amazing woman!

Hi Lily,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It is the most similar situation I have found in a discussion forum to mine - which makes me feel much better. I just posted a new topic where I share my situation - would you mind giving your two cents? These boys don't deserve mature, loving, giving, and strong women like us. We have wonderful lives to lead - let's move on without those who are not ready to be a man and stick by our sides! I truly do not think these men really love us if they put us through such crap - they're only worried about themselves and string us along...even if they don't mean to. I think both of our FIs are probably good people, but they have made bad choices to try to deal with their emotions - and their bad choices result in serious consequences. We should be someone's priority, not their option. Let me know if you'd like to share frustrations!

-Pink08