Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Important Announcement!

Thank you, Marty. It limits us to 1,000 posts so I was able to capture 7/10/05 through 1/13/09. If I do it in reverse I can get 3/10/11-12/20/11 but I can't get 2009 and 2010. If you have to make a choice, I'd say make sure you get the oldest out.

Also, whenever I attempted a "select all", it'd freeze up Word. If I selected from the headings down through the bottom post I didn't have this problem. However, some of the pages seemed to paste in a table format, which is easier to read...others just went down in a column, which is harder to view. My recommendation...capture all of the pages however they come out and then go back and play with it at your leisure, at least you'll have them. I tried everything I could think of and couldn't seem to consistently get them all in table format. Anyone have any ideas?

Kay, dear, I so appreciate your taking the time to experiment with this, as that is the way we'll all learn from one another. I, too, could not retrieve my earliest posts ~ until I tried doing it each forum at a time. If you select an individual forum, along with your Display name, in the Advance Search feature, you have another way to capture those posts. At first I searched for all my posts just by entering my Display Name, and the search went back 40 pages, but only to 2010 in time. Then I tried going forum by forum, and I think eventually I managed to capture all my posts. I know you've posted in more than this Loss of a Spouse, Partner or Significant Other forum, so you might give that a try. As for working with your word processing program, I'm afraid I cannot offer much help there, so I'm hoping another of our members may be able to assist you.

Marty,

Nearly all of my oldest posts were in Loss of Spouse section so when I searched by my name by oldest, I got until 2009 but cannot capture 2009 and 2010. Anyone have any ideas why the formatting is different each time I select/copy/paste it? I've tried everything I know...

Kay, I just tried the Advanced Search with your Display name, putting in the dates January 1, 2009 to January 1, 2010 and selecting the Loss of a Spouse forum, and 18 pages of your posts (for those dates) came up. You might try using dates this way?

Thank you, Marty! I'm taking all of mine in chronological order regardless of section, I have 137 pages saved now and am now starting the process of renaming them by

YYMMDD so they'll be in order.