Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Sappy Grief Films - A Ticking Time Bomb?

Hellooooo Everyone!

I hope everyone had enjoyable holidays.

I - being the anti- festive one this year, enjoyed a couple of cocktails and time with loved ones. Though I felt like a Grinch these Holidays, just watching the loved ones having a good time makes all a bit easier. - excluding the sappy happy couples or constant facebook updates of engagements. No offense, but the urge to ring their necks were high.

But among the continuing roller coaster of emotions, I follow on.

It truly scares me that I'm beginning to blur Deric's face. That I don't think much of him as I used to. That I can re-call anger than memories. But I know that this occurs after the withdrawal of not having him here. I bear with this pain unable to embrace as much as I'd like to.

I was really blessed to have my little companion with me. As silly as it sounds, my Jack Russell was the ultimate gift this Christmas. I believe pets are quite the help with grief. Physically being able to show affection to something we cherish after loss helps incredibly so much. I wonder if I'm alone in that theory?

Now to the sappy films with a hidden moral behind it! With or without moral , quite honestly. Just the moment the actors take the scene in revealing emotion of losing a loved one : physically falling to their knees, crying in such expressive pain. A ticking time bomb I tell ya.

Though I've currently been working with actors and see them pull instant 180's ( bliss to major breakdown). I guess after editing, proper transitions, a gentle score, and thes featured acting, it hits you. It reminds of that personal emotion felt.

I watched a movie that critic's spoke negatively about. The settings and concept also lacked a bit & floated around, but the raw emotion of death just snapped at me. I cried.

Not to mention I'm not a crying type person. I guess with these experiences, we accept who we've become and the drastic difference

That would be hard. I'm glad I don't have to watch the raw emotion.

I totally agree about dogs/pets. I don't know what I'd do without mine.

Dear Stacy,

Me, I express my emotions, if I cry I cry. I have not been on much lately. I have been dealing with a lot of emotions my self. I love my little dog Sugar, and my birds, they always know when I am feeling down. They know how to put a smile on my face again.

God Bless

Dwayne