Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The Seven Principles Of Human Grief

MartyT

Dear Ones, I want to share with you a helpful and informative piece by my friend and colleague, Shep Jeffreys, a licensed psychologist and Fellow in Thanatology, who specializes in grief, loss, and end-of-life concerns. In addition to private practice, Shep is on the psychiatry faculty at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, and on the faculty in Pastoral Counseling at Loyola University, Maryland. His book, Helping Grieving People -- When Tears Are Not Enough (Second Edition) is one of my very favorites. I encourage you to visit his Web site, GriefCareProvider.com.

From The Seven Principles of Human Grief, An Introduction:

The Seven Principles of Human Grief listed . . . will give you an understanding of what to expect and are followed by several suggestions of what you can do to help both yourself and others. Human grief comes in many sizes and shapes and can last for weeks, months or years. It goes along with the territory of being a living being. Human grief is normal — it is a natural reaction to loss or the threat of loss.

To read more, download the attached pdf file:

7 Principles.pdf

I skimmed the contents of what you sent. This is a great link. Looking forward to reading the pdf, the book and website. I am on deadline today so I have to discipline myself :( ...and wait. Thanks, Marty