Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Looking For The Positives

Nothing like a beautiful baby to brighten our day!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a scare yesterday,grandson Atlas was in Hospital. Sore neck, fever, and just out of character........He was released with baby Tylenol and not crying  too much but fever down......Long story short the problem was evident today.....first two teeth came through...

Haha...I was trying to get a picture of his FIRST TOOTH!

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup
  • Upvote 4

What a cutie!!  And I'm glad it wasn't something serious. :)

• Upvote 2

Road trip to visit kids and grand kids(most of them) first thing in the AM.....About 11 hours driving barring no issues with Traffic .....This is a quick trip, have neighbors watering Garden...With this heat ,don't want garden to go more than two days without water......Looking forward to the break....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Ahh Kevin, you must be on your way now.  I wish you a safe and uneventful trip, and a wonderful time with your grands while you are there!  Pictures!!!

• Upvote 2

Tried to get everyone together, almost.........Four kids at the bottom are all Atlas's half brothers plus the big kid to my right.......the other two big ones are my Sons #2 and #3.....The pictur of Atlas has his GrandMother(my first Wife) and Atlas's Mom........Trip was great

the boys.JPG

edmontonjuly 13.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I love the name Atlas, but he has a lot to live up to.  You all have lots of testosterone in this family.  Don't get them angry at you, didn't you just have knee surgery?  Looks like you all enjoyed yourselves.  Proud for you.  Atlas is so sweet.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I want to watch the part where you get back up! :D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Getting back up is the hardest thing I do.....Seriously I use cheaters,canes, even bought walking sticks..........I'm trying everything these days to regain mobility...This getting old is a Journey of its own....take care...

• Like 2

Another Grandson(Angela's Side), just had a nice three day visit with me.......couple of picks including swimming hole, the Bridge the younger kids jump off of(12 feet), water is crystal clear....Visit included a day at Driving range and some rafting...it is a very slow river.....He leaves at noon today.....

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

• Like 1

Kevin,

I envy you those family times, that is great!  And such a beautiful spot!  I'm so glad you got this time together, family...that's what it's all about!

Tried to cancel/erase....unable...whats the trick?....Help Marty

Collapse

• hope this thread gets through......My "crawling lessons paid off"

I left here at 6 am yesterday so I could be at my son's church at 9 am for their baby dedication.  We had a wonderful day together, getting to hold Vincent (4 1/2 months), he's very smiley and looks a lot like me when I was a baby, blond peachfuzz, an upturned nose, big round eyes (it remains to see if they'll be brown), very white skin, small boned.  My son looked a lot like me, so it's no wonder.  I enjoyed Cecilia, she has a mind of her own, very precocious, looks a lot like my kids' dad when he was a  baby, darker complected, round cheeks, cleft chin, but Vincent got his grandpa's dimples.  It's so cute to see the family resemblances.  Ceci discovered a bird in their birdhouse, she wanted to climb the tree to it (she's two). :D

Even though it was 94, it felt comfortable at their place, lots of shade trees and tons of breeze.  (Wish I could have both this week when it's supposed to get to 106.)

• Like 2

Went to Church last night(beats the heat)......The sermon had a Quote from Mark Twain talking about Grief , it will follow you to the Grave.......Usually I'm not the most attentive but this got my attention......Later looked up a couple of quotes and found them enlightening.....

Quotes on Grief

firefly“Grief turns into healing when you relinquish the pain and helplessness you feel, because there is nothing you can do to bring the deceased person back, and shift your thoughts to what you can do to honor that person’s memory. The best remembrance of a loved one is to carry on what that person stood for. What unique qualities did that person possess?  What were his or her interests or wishes?  To insure that the meaning of that person’s life continues after death, you can’t dwell on your feelings of loss indefinitely.  If you allow them to consume you, your focus becomes fixed on you – your rage, your sorrow, your loneliness – rather than the person who is gone.  Shift your focus to doing justice to that person’s memory, and your pain will begin to diminish.”

–Maxine Schnall  from: What Doesn’t Kill You Makes you Stronger: Turning Bad Breaks into Blessings

“The cycle of grief has its own timetable. Until that cycle is honored and completed we are moving along life’s path with an anchor down.”

–Ann Linnea in Deep Water Passage

“… joy and sorrow are inseparable. . .together they come and when one sits alone with you .remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.”

–Kahil Gibran

“Tears have a wisdom all their own.  They come when a person has relaxed enough to let go and to work through his sorrow.

They are the natural bleeding of an emotional wound, carrying the poison out of the system.  Here lies the road to Recovery.”

— F. Alexander Magoun

“Even hundredfold grief is divisible by love.”

— Jareb Teague
There is no grief like the grief that does not speak

–Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“The mind has a dumb sense of vast loss – that is all.  It will take mind and memorymonths and possibly years to gather the details and thus learn and know the whole extent of the loss.”

–Mark Twain

“Grief doesn’t proceed in a linear fashion.  It circles.  You feel better. You feel yourself heal.And then, wham! — you’re back on your emotional knees.  Still, as the days pass, the circles widen.When grief returns again, it finds you stronger.”

— Kay Ferguson Bechtel

Edited by kevin
spelling
  • Like 3