HAP

Looking For The Positives

That and he inherited great brains from his father!  ;) 

Got to see my grandchildren Sunday as Vincent turned 2.  My son has become quite the professional cake decorator (for his kids' birthdays), unreal!  Here's pictures, also a picture of my granddaughter's last cake that my son made.  The track was actually grey not brown, it was from his homemade fondant.

Princess cake.jpg

Vincent 2nd Bdy cake.jpg

Vincent 2nd Bdy cake-2.jpg

Vincent 2nd Bdy Smile.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kayc said:

Got to see my grandchildren Sunday as Vincent turned 2.  My son has become quite the professional cake decorator (for his kids' birthdays), unreal!  Here's pictures, also a picture of my granddaughter's last cake that my son made.  The track was actually grey not brown, it was from his homemade fondant.

Kayc:  Your grandchild, Vincent is so adorable.  How good you got to spend time with your family and celebrate a birthday in such fun way.  And, your son is really amazing - he can do anything can't he?  From repairing autos to making beautiful birthday cakes.  You were an amazing Mom to have shared some genes with him.  Dee

• Like 2

Yeah, but he didn't get his "abilities" from me, he just really is a truly amazing person...his character is of the highest and surpasses even his abilities, in my esteem.  He has a servant's heart.  Little Vincent seems to be taking right after him!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Billie Rae said:

That's Amazing!Isn't it funny how we find the people who are in our corner when we need them the most and our angels when we are feeling our lowest. All of us seem to be surrounded by kindness and all we need to do is be open with people and given the chance most will help.

I've really seen that with this horrendous storm we just went through.  13-16 days ago I was struggling not to give into the blackness...no electricity for 8-9 days, no phone until yesterday (it was back briefly then gone), vehicles behind 6 ft of snow, no water to flush with, food going bad, couldn't get to the coolers because the building they were in was blocked by 6 ft of snow!  In the blackness of the night listening to my trees breaking all around me, tons of branches and quite a few trees...it's the eeriest feeling in the world.  And all alone.

Yesterday began the reprieve from snow.  Oh sure, I still have snow everywhere but it's no longer snowing!  We're seeing the sun appear, in the 50s and by this weekend the 60s!  My son showed up just when I needed him most, and when I saw him I told him he was an angel and I cried.  People helped others...our small Baptist Church provided refuge for 60 stranded middleschoolers and 20 of their chaperones.  Dairy Queen, Subway, the Food Bank, and Red Cross all helped and another pastor loaned a huge barbecue grill and others generators to be able to take care of them.  All of that was going on while I was cut off from the world, unable to get any news.  One of my neighbors passed out drinking water, another fruit, another birdseed for the birds.  The young went door to door checking on the elderly.  My son shoveled snow and friends of his showed up to help him.  The whole town saw their own miracles...even a train was stranded in our town for a couple of days.  That made national news but they at least had heat, food, water, even showers!  There were many in dire straits with no heat, water, etc.  But we came through it.

And that's the thing that sticks with me...we weathered it, we came through it and now we see a little light at the end of the tunnel!  Much like our grief journeys only with grief it takes longer, but the analogy is there.

Yesterday I got the rest of the trees and branches out of "Arlie's fence" (my dog's)...I still have the rest of the yard to do but it will have to wait until the snow melts and I will need some help disposing of all of the debris, it's huge.  But it felt so good to have Arlie's yard cleaned up so he can run and play without injuring himself on a stob, and that I was able to do that by myself in just a couple of weeks, I could not have imagined!

It's amazing what we can do...little by little, one day at a time.

• Like 3