Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Looking For The Positives

Happy for you Kevin.  I have two great grandchildren I have never seen.  They live on different coasts, I live in the center..  When I saw the picture of my  first great granddaughters Billy was still alive and I cried, her name is Charisma.  She is now 16 and I've still never seen her.  My grandson has a daughter somewhere in California and because of circumstances, I have never seen anything but pictures.  The two below, the oldest is Charisma and she is now 16.  The other is Ireland, and I have seen her.  She likes to throw tantrums.  Billy would have loved them so much.  He never saw any of them.  I am happy you are so close to your family and Atlas I will always remember.  I love the name..  

ggrand.jpg

• Like 2

Kevin, oh how sweet!  You must be on cloud nine!

Thanks all, this one is from Military parents so they tend to move around.......and its a big country...Marg, understand the distance and circumstance issue...There is another one due March 9-10?, a little girl( Angela's side)......

• Like 2

My grandson's turning three March 10, maybe they'll share a birthday!

I hope you'll get to see her throughout her life, maybe visit now and then?

• Like 1

I have had my pacemaker for a year.  Named it Sparky.   It gave me at least a year of life.  Now I just have to live it the best I can.   Even though I do not feel much purpose for my life without Al, I am still glad to be here at age 80.  So,  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sparky.

• Like 4

One good thing I didn't report.  My grandson has been in rehab for a long time we did not know about.  Someone saw his many jail visits were cries for help.  He is a beautiful young man, and they are treating him for schizoaffective disorder.  He is responding to these medications.  There was life for his dad after drugs, can hope and pray there will be life for him.  I have a bag he made me, a canvas bag he painted with a large red rose.  He wrote on it with black paint "Mamaw: The love of a grandmother is like no other."  

They sent him to us in the 11th grade.  He went to a small school and won an art medal.  He is so talented.  Somehow he got lost again.  And then he was in California again.  Never any money.  Hitching rides.  He is so handsome, girls would stop and he would have a home for a few days and then he would disappear again.  He is in his 30's now.  I can only hope and pray.  This is the best news we have received in probably close to 15-20 years.  Living on the streets, he had to have some luck from someone.

I seem to remember written somewhere (not looking it up) that God protects children and fools.  I am still here, so part of that is correct.  My son and grandson, and my daughter are here, so protection was provided by a higher power than myself.  

• Like 3

That is good news, Marg, I hope he gets the help he needs.

I want to share a picture of my grandkids to bring a smile...my DIL was mowing the lawn and looked up and this is what she saw!

Ceci walking Vencent.jpg

• Like 3

I love this Kay.  I used to worry so much when they were all so little, now I worry  because they are all so old.  I think I just like to worry.  Probably the only thing I excel with, mostly in life.  

• Like 1

Kay C, Good looking little ones for sure.....I just picked up some water wings for our 4 year old for the pool....at that age absolutely no fear.....Grandson that visited me last week is going to be an Uncle this week if all goes well......will keep you posted....

Edited by kevin
spelling
  • Like 1

Always great to see pictures of the grandkids or kids, be they 4 or 40. I miss my Kentucky grandkids even though they think I'm a "ditzy" blonde. Paul is 26 and Michelle is 31. David, who lives here, just turned 25. Where did the time go?

Gin how is your son? I seem to remember he hurt his leg badly in Mexico several months ago.

• Like 2

Oh Gin, I wish he'd come home!  It's a real concern, have you talked to him about that possibility?  That as I wait to hear from my daughter...

• Like 1

Oh yes, I do know how it goes.  I texted my daughter yesterday about going to my grandson's birthday party with me Sunday...still haven't heard back from her.  Probably won't until last minute.

I just got myself the flu along with the household, and neighbours. Slowed everything down bigtime,  I'm over the worst of it but my place is off limits to everyone for another few days...This  has been  almost 2 weeks. All this Coronavirus stuff makes one a little more careful....Will avoid the Gym and public areas for a bit..Anybody else get this years Flu?.......Clocks change Sunday for us ,Spring ahead....take care...

• Like 3

Gin, Marg, Kay,my daughter texted me the other day and told me she entered a NA group and started attending meetings....I think that's a great sign, she told me she asked to have the anti schitzo meds  increased a bit....I said baby steps, they start you low for a reason...

• Like 3

Good news on your daughter, bad on the flu.  You’re doing the right thing tho, that self quarantine.  I got the flu in rehab, got over it rather quickly with tamiflu so I don’t think it was the corona one.  I dont think it was barely in the news yet.  

• Like 1

Kevin, I'm so sorry you got the flu.  Nope, haven't had it, I got immunized but that doesn't cover every strain I'm sure.  I'm glad you're on the mend!

GREAT NEWS ABOUT YOUR DAUGHTER!  

My ceiling fan has been giving me fits.  First the neighbor broke the lights and switch to it.  Then the slow speed stopped working.  The high speed sounded like a helicopter getting ready for takeoff.  Then the switch broke off stuck on high so I couldn't turn it off.  I knew if the electricity went off I'd have to shut the breaker to that room off because when it came back on the motor would be trying to work but it wouldn't.  Last time it took me 1/2 hour to boost it to where it'd take off.  (It helps to propel it in the correct direction, which I made note of...winter=clockwise).  

My son and granddaughter showed up last night with a new fan and he installed it.  So quiet and I love having slow speed and light back again!  He discovered the screws were loose on the fan blades and said it was amazing they didn't fly off and hit the patio door!  He said he'd put it for free on Craigslist now that it's tightened and all it needs is new switches.  Could have salvaged it instead of buying a new one but it's 38 years old, he said it's time.  So early Mother's Day to me!

It was great all of us walking Kodie together last night.  He was good and I think it broke his heart watching them leave this morning.

Ceiling Fan.JPG

Kay, can I borrow your son?  My living room blinds has one of the sticks to turn them fallen off and I can’t work over my had to put it back together.  Have to reach up and turn it manually.  

I’m glad you got that fan fixed.  Sounded like a fire hazard.  Really great he got you a new one.  I know about missing light, tho a fan light is pretty major to lose.  I wouldn’t be able to eat at my dinner table without it.  I have a broken switch for the light over my cooktop I really miss as I would leave it in all evening.  Simple fix, not simple finding an electrician for a tiny job.  

Happy early mother’s day!

• Like 1