Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Looking For The Positives

Oh Gwen, my heart breaks for that poor woman!  To feel so helpless!  I'm glad they got her back in.  

Sounds like you know what I'm talking about 

16 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

Poor maintenance by people I thought knew what they were doing. Another outside project never in my job description.

Yep!  At least last night Jack came by and got a 1x6x8' board he's taking home and painting and will use to patch the siding where it's cracked and paint/seal once done also.  So thankful to have a handyman in my neighborhood!  If I had to hire someone from Eugene I'd hate to see the bill, him, I never have to worry about the cost, he's always fair, good to me. And it helps to know he never wants to retired, has the energy of three workers and in great shape and about 11-12 years younger than me.  He also brought a load of firewood and said he'd get about three more for me.

• Like 5

So I'm always saying we need to "look for joy" no matter how small, nothing is too trivial to count...well today's comic reminded me of just that!  :D

Luann.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Feels like the chill is back , Winter and "Snow" is in the forecast for Monday....getting my last rounds of golf in...Next move is get Christmas lights hung.....These pics from Golf course, just beautiful....this Monday is our Thanksgiving

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

• Like 2

I don't want to think about winter or Christmas, I want FallBeautiful pictures!  It's turned cold here overnight it seems.  Snow up on the pass, over 4,000 feet, I'm at 2,500.  Rain forecast.  I'll take it.

Talk of snow here in the passes and news said start buying your ski equipment now to beat the rush.  I’m not a fall or winter person, prefer the spring, but after our hot summer I sure like the lower temps.  I think I’m the only person that doesn’t like yellow, red or orange leaves.  😊

• Like 2

I wanted to share this with you guys, hopefully to bring you a smile...when I lost my Arlie, God was preparing a little fellow for me and he was born on my birthday!  That was two years ago.  Today I sang Happy Birthday to Kodie...he doesn't look too fazed... :D

DSCN1245.JPG

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Gwen, I love it!  Dish never offers stuff like that and no movie theatres here so don't know if I'll ever see it but it looks good!  Thanks for the smile, good actors!

I watched it, but I wish I could see the whole movie!  Maybe in a few years they'll show it on t.v.

• 3 weeks later...

I am so glad you get to share in your grandkids' lives.  I wish I could be at my granddaughter's ballet (The Nutcracker) toomorrow, but alas between snow & high winds, we're still on a hazardous weather alert.  Enjoy them!

I know, it scares me.  Went through the snowpocalypse nearly three years ago, 4'5" overnight, wiped out electricity over 8 days and phone lines 18, roads closed, no plows, mail, or garbage, cut off from the world.  A very hard time...it was not predicted, in fact they'd told me it'd be north of Salem, nope!

I leave my snow shovels on my back patio.  I need to get my coolers on the deck too as that year I couldn't get to the storage building on the garage!

I had 6 ft the year I was pregnant with my daughter, Sunday before Thanksgiving 1981.

X Daughter in law visited with grandkids  yesterday from Victoria(Vancouver Island), the tall kid is12 years old and is 5 foot 8 inches, the other ones are almost 3 and almost 5(what a handful)....Weather turning cool to 0 to minus 5 F.....Merry Christmas, of to shovel a bit(3-4 inches today)

IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

• Like 4

Looking at the pictures I'm looking a wee bit Haggard.......there's new bunch coming back Christmas Day...Got a Turkey and a Ham, somebody else doing deserts.....all tastes good with Alcohol.....Merry Christmas again...gotta find my Reindeer Sweater

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kevin said:

Weather turning cool to 0 to minus 5 F.....Merry Christmas, of to shovel a bit(3-4 inches today)

kevin:  Brrr now that's cold.  Enjoyed seeing your grandkids.  Also noticed the Angel collection on the shelf.  Someone collects Angels.  I finally finished putting out my tabletop collections.  No room for a tree but trying to get into the spirit.  Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.  Dee

• Like 1