Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Looking For The Positives

A beautiful story. It's so wonderful it seems like a scene from a film. We also know how heartbreaking it is to lose a pet, it's happened to us more than once. We gave two cats now and they really do give us so much comfort and joy. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kevin said:

Well my Cat and Dog finally getting along.....there is still quite the disparity in sizes......Puppy is super fast now and full of mischief, Cat is amused but takes to high ground when annoyed..... 

IMG_1005.JPG

OMG, Kevin, you have a beautiful little family!  It's funny the cat is bigger than the dog, I wouldn't mess with it!

Dee, that letter is very poignant!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, V. R. said:

We also know how heartbreaking it is to lose a pet, it's happened to us more than once. We gave two cats now and they really do give us so much comfort and joy. 

V.R.,  Glad you enjoyed the story.  Unfortunately our dear pets aren't with us as long as we would want.  Children and pets just seem to go together within a family.  At this time I don't have a pet, but I do find myself thinking more and more of adopting one.  Dee

• Like 3

I've never regretted it and I've had 15 cats and 10 dogs in my adult life!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

No pictures today of the Pets but very positive developments....The pup is almost 50% bigger and loves playing with the Cat....Once in awhile, like Gwen said, the Cat gives the Dog a bat if she gets to playful....The dog is "half Deer "as it can leap twice its height.....gates and pens not doing the job......Life is good....God bless our Ukrainian Friends/ damn Putin

• Like 3

Love it (animals)!  I think we all agree about Putin...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I received a nice surprise today. My neighbor and her daughter brought me a box of blueberry muffins and a vase of flowers for Mother's Day. Really unexpected. They are a nice family, although we don't speak very often. She is very busy taking care of 4 kids and church activities. Got a "Happy Mother's Day" wish from my son. Will always miss those phone calls from my daughter.

• Like 5

Karen, my heart goes out to you, missing your daughter always but Mother's Day a huge reminder, yet still you're posting a positive!  Love you!

• Like 3

What a caring thing for your neighbor to do.   People so often forget that even the smallest things can make huge changes.  Glad you heard from your son.  Wish your phone could have rung.  💕

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking in, finally have summer like weather...Got a surprise, Step  Daughter decided to move  ,so I listed the Trailer and started getting things in order(I still used a shed at the property for storage).....The mobile sold in 10 days, so we have been getting everything relocated superfast....Saw moving Van at the property last night, sad but relieved..Too Old for moving headaches...Other than that, my Puppy is getting "fixed" next week, noticed she was making friends too easy at dog park..So its time, 6 months old.......Fruit Trees are in bloom and poplars budding nicely...At least 3-4 weeks behind...Prayers out too kids in Texas, unbelievable, beyond imagination....Pure Evil...

• Like 4

I just posted an article about it in the venting thread (spouse), a grieving husband died already.  Yes, that shooting hit home, we had a similar shooting 20 years ago this week at a school about 40 miles away from here.  A gal that grew up with my kids was there at the time.

19 hours ago, kevin said:

my Puppy is getting "fixed" next week, noticed she was making friends too easy at dog park.

I was going to get Kodie fixed (2 1/2 years old) but canceled within hours as it was the City of Eugene and the lady was so horrible to me, using fear tactics, berating me, I don't respond well to that, and she'd said they'd issue credit as long as within 24 hours of the surgery date...I gave them a month's notice and they told me they don't do that!  So I filed a dispute with my bank, it'll take months.  The last thing I want is those people in charge of my dog's life!  Plus they wanted me to leave home at 4:30 am to be there by 6 even though check in is 7:15!  They make you scan a QR code, don't care if you're old, and can't do it!  They just don't care.  Those people are not human!  Will cost 3 times as much if I take him to his vet, which is also out of town.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Last night at 4 pm a judge signed my daughter's divorce decree!  We are beyond ecstatic that this finally brings her some closure!  She is free, after 5 1/2 years of her husband ditching her emotionally, physically, in every way...he's already living with his GF, moved on long ago.  I am so happy for her!  I told her the shame is not on her, it's his to carry.  She doesn't have a scarlet letter, she can hold her head high, knowing she was the best wife and never gave up on the marriage or him...he did that all himself.  It's time she put all this in the past and starts a new chapter of her life, and she will be fine.  She no longer has mixed feelings, the pain and heartbreak he has put her through, she is free at last.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hello out there, been a busy few months...Picked up a Marriage license yesterday and arranged a Marriage Commissioner then called it a Day......Latest news id Great Granddaughter is staying with us until family things get straightened out...Who would've thought I would be the "Go to Family" at my age.....Just shows the state of things....Attached two pictures, she is my Dog walker.....Registering for  school this week....never a dull moment...Quick trip through the mountains two weeks ago..never tired of the View

IMG_1127.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

• Like 4

I had a positive day today ☺️

I went to my church BBQ, the summer weather made it a perfect day. Then went and checked out a brand new farmer's market that just opened up. I bought a jar of delicious rhubarb jam, some mini cucumbers and a scented coconut soy candle in a parfait glass. The vendor had the coolest scents like, Bread and Jam, Blueberry Waffle and Cottage Campfire. The scent I bought is called Thunderstorm, it smells like humid, fresh air after a summer thunderstorm, with hints of washed driftwood! 

image.jpeg.4a81a8d066016fe6a9d04eb944bf82b0.jpeg

• Like 4

Thank you for the pictures, Kevin, and congrats on the marriage license!

Sounds like a good day, Boho-Soul!

• Thanks 1

Congratulations, Kevin to you and your new bride!  I'm so happy for you!  Somewhere in here I slid into old age.

This looking after a 6 year old is a Challenge of Challenges....I'm not used to a child who defies logic, disrespects everyone, and expects McDonalds 5 days a week...And throws tantrums at bedtime....My recipe for years has been don't give in and never let her play the Adults against each other....very precocious  young lady....I had no issues 25 years ago, but we are too old for this on a sustained basis...The Father takes her this weekend which will be a break....

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 7:24 AM, kevin said:

Gwen, September 17th is date, arranged a small community hall.....Trying to keep it to family and close .friends...About 50 guests...Grand Daughter...Thanks for the Congrats

So I assume that you got married yesterday. Congratulations.

• Like 4

Congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1