Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Looking For The Positives

My post disappeared again.  Sent a birthday gift but had to get Amazon to help.  Couldn’t figure it out.  Ruined the surprise as I couldn’t get a gift card in it.  Called her so she knew who it came from.

Talk to the pharmacist today less than after I wake up.  Have to tell them is going too fast.  I’m worse than ever. The other night I woke up 45 minutes after settling in, 5 hours later and an hour at the alarm.  Slept thru the snooze button. Have to slow this down.  Had less tremors and I skipped the so called helpful meds.  I've got to find the strength to advocate for myself.  

Talk to my Sunday buddy later in the day.  Gear up for shower day.  

Usual whining and moaning.  💕

• Like 2

Should not have mentioned Fire conditions....Got first alerts and a mandatory evacuation of a Hamlet about 75-100 miles from me......Way too early for this...Our temperatures above average for next few days...Still working on yard clean up and my garage project(hot tub)....Took Judi's Granddaughter golfing twice on the week end...7 year old kid and she's a Natural, can't believe the talent....Picking up transmission fluid for Stepdaughter and dropping golf Kid off at school....Have a good week.......Hope your still on the mend KayC

• Like 1

Kevin, that is scary and way too close...I will never forget the Waldo Lake fire 1 mile from my quiet dead end road!  Two mandatory evacuations, it was way too scary and breathing in smoke, air quality over 1,600!  It lasted for months!  Forest Service let it get out of hand and we all paid.

Just had more "defensible space" created around my house but can't do what they want, my place isn't wide enough!  They want 30' around any building...there isn't space between carport and pole barn (where firewood is stored) and they didn't take out everything behind pole barn, oh well.  My son has his old tires there (over 30 of them) stored there, they need to be taken to HIS house along with his boat, truck, 1 1/2 bedrooms full of stuff!  If I ever leave here there will be a lot to deal with, estate sale and junk haulers.  Ugh.  I hope they carry me out in a body bag.

Hoping this summer goes well for us both, Kevin! 
So glad for the golfing and wow on the granddaughter!

My nephew was shot yesterday at a robbery at a gas station.  Two killed, many injured including policeman.  Guy was wanted in another state for murder.  My nephew got out of ICU last night.  He was just getting gasoline.  The clerk and a customer were killed and a policeman hit in the shoulder and other places.  He is in critical care.  I don't know if other states have the same, but when I see someone walking or riding a bicycle, I am thinking they are a target.  Randomly shooting 40 times into a resident, no one sees them, it is in early a.m., still night, but someone is having significantly horrid fun.  It is like a war.  It is supposed to be up to 80 today. The humidity is tough but supposed to rain next week, 100% humidity. My sister cannot breathe during this weather.  Even inside, she has to stay on oxygen.  No fires, too wet.  Guess people will grow to accept climate change, nothing I know to do about it.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Oh Marg, how awful! I hope he is recovering with no complications.

Violence is rampant and there is no way to stop it. There is at least one(usually more) killing each day here. People have gone crazy. Confiscating weapons won't remove them from the criminals. There is no easy answer.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Actually, he dropped to the ground, shooter came around his truck, he jerked his pant legs and going down shooter hit him in the femoral artery.  There was a cop there that put a compression above the artery. He was in ICU but they repaired the artery and it did not hit the bone.  He's going to be okay.  This was not bad neighborhood, my family goes by this gas station probably every day.  The man was on the run from another murder in Alabama.  He ran for the nearest motel/hotel that was close.  The woman saw him coming, locked door and police got him alive.  We just never know.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Oh Marg!  This is horrible! I think it's what it may do to his thinking than his body...will he ever take life for granted again or feel truly safe!  I am so sorry he and your family are going through this!

And I'm so sorry your sister can't breathe in the weather you've having.

My homeowners went up from $1387 to $1826, that's 34% increase! I tried to set it up to pay in four payments, they show that option but it won't let me. Called and they said I have to pay in full next month. It's already highway robbery.

Spectrum charging me two months upfront on mobile service, yet they'd told me it'd be free the first year! The gal in mobile service said, "Oh, I wish the salesmen wouldn't lie." Yet I saw it advertised last night on t.v. :angry2: Still no credit on the phone I returned last week.

Gwen, you posted in George's thread instead of your own...?

• Like 1

Bought carry Pet Kennel for a Cat yesterday in case I have to leave ...Shortage of this now...My go back will consist of important documents , one change of cloths,  shaving kit, animal food, etc.....state of emergency declared for province last night..., Temperatures cooling a bit with some moisture...highs around 75 and lows about 50....

• Like 1

I'm so sorry this worries those in Canada and the west.  Billy and I found a beautiful camping place (out of thousands) in New Mexico.  I'm glad we got to see it because a year or so later fire had destroyed it, having to grow again for future generations.  I hope everything turns out okay, and for Kay's home too.  We have so much tornadoes our land is drenched in water overflowing everywhere, dangerous too.  I do not understand climate change, but a lot I don't understand.  Be safe.  You sound like you have a plan.

• Like 1

Praying for you, Kevin, and your vicinity.  In the summer I keep important documents in my trunk...

• Like 1

Got about an inch of rain and spots of Hail!!......Allowed majority of evacuees back to their homes today....The Forests and Grasslands still dry.....but the high temps gone for at least a week or so, now to get back to normal...Stay safe, can't understand all the shootings, hearts out there Marg...

• Like 1

I got a ton of hail Wed. while walking home from Kodie's playdate, no hoodie as it was warm, they were so big they hurt.  I was saturated, had to come home and shower again, wash my clothes and shoes!   High temps this week. 

Wow, can't believe it's dry there, Kevin!  Here the ground is still wet.  They're already talking about wildfires, can't they let us be in peace for a month w/o worrying about something?!  Seems the media likes to stir things up.

Weather giving us a break for a few days and then the heat returns...Fire Fighters making good progress.....Some Native settlements returned to devastation.........I'm cutting grass today and we are squeezing in some Golf, then picking up kid from school, and hopefully taking Wife out for Birthday dinner......

• Like 1

Aww, it sounds like a good life and I hope you had a good time with the birthday dinner!  We're in the 80s all week.

Our weather reprieve has ended and the Heat is returning.......80 + to the Fire area's...Lots of resources made available....Bright side, I'm doing Mothers Day Pizza late lunch for Wife , granddaughter, and Step Daughter.....desert will be store bought......Happy Mothers Day to all

• Like 4

And to you also! Enjoy your day both of you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good news on the Forest Fire Front in Western Alberta....The wild fire count is now 55 and all under control....It was up over 100 Ten Days ago....WE have had rain and cooler temperatures as of late, forecasts are returning to normal(max 75F and mins 40F.........  Slowly getting back to normal...

• Like 3

So glad to hear this, Kevin, no way to start a summer!

• 1 month later...

Scott wanted to come over and comfort me yesterday.  I went from a fun loving young person to a cranky old lady that enjoys her own company.  Maybe I feel Billy with me more.  Yesterday was our 62nd anniversary.  Yes, I'm a widow, but my ring is on my wedding finger and my mind and heart are still married to my best friend.  May have put this picture on before, but I really feel we were "out standing" in our field.  (As an edit, I meant to put this on the "Going through hell" site.  My fingers do not agree with my mind sometimes.  

pic1 (2).jpg

• Like 3

Marg:  What a wonderful photo.  That photo shows, without words, what Billy's absence means to you.  I think we are entitled to feel cranky at our age and our situation of being alone without our husbands.  When I do the math on the years that Bob and I would have been married it makes me even more cranky that I have to be here without him.  I try to be positive and tell myself that I had 51 years with him, but...... it still hurts.

That was so sweet of Scott to want to be with you.  He loves and cares about you. Hugs, Dee 

• Like 2

Marg, they are in our thoughts every day but in a poignant way on special days like our anniversary.

I'm glad Scott was thinking of you.

Don't worry about your hands, believe me, I have multiple issues with mine.

• Like 2