Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Picture Frustration

OK, I am not even close to being computer literate, but one would think that I could actually cause a picture to be seen on my profile. Nope! Not happening. I just don't understand! I finally can change my profile picture on Facebook, but this site tells me all my pictures are too large, even the ones I crop down to like wallet size.

:angry2:

What in the world am I doing wrong? I love seeing what you all look like and thought I would return the favor. HELP!!!!!

OK, I tried attachments. We'll see what that does!

Anne

The attached picture is our "adopted" Granddaughter and ME!

post-14749-13303138351691_thumb.jpg

I love your picture! How big of a picture are you trying to post? I usually scale them down in Paint for profile pictures. Since it worked as an attachment, it ought to work for a profile picture!

Thank you for the suggestions. When I get back from errand running (Ugh!) I will try again.

Now, here's where the obnoxious Grandma part of me comes to the front. Isn't Kristina just the cutest? I can brag about her because she is not genetically ours. Richard, my son, was engaged to her mother, Tracy, many, many years ago. When it became evident to him that he could not marry Tracy, Dick and I had already been Grandparents to Kristina and her brother Billy for three years. We told Tracy it would be cruel to the kids and would kill Dick and me if we lost them. So...Richard and Tracy decided to become friends and we were not denied any contact with Kristina and Billy. What a mature thing for Richard and Tracy to work out!

Kristina is a Freshman at Kansas University in Lawrence, Kansas. She is attending with a full ride scholarship. She is living in a scholarship hall, and taking Freshman Scholarship Courses. Her first semester GPA was 4.0. The child has NEVER earned less than an A in any class - all the way through Primary, Middle and High School.

She is a loving, people oriented, sweet child. She loves Penguins, Dr. Who and Harry Potter. College is like Disneyland. She is so excited about all she is learning, seeing and experiencing. Live is beyond wonderful to her.

Kristina was her Grandpa Dick's beloved child. They were incredibly close and had a tight bond the first time they laid eyes on each other. Those two would sit and read road maps together! Seemed strange to me. Kristina and I share the loss of her Grandpa. He would be so very proud of what she is accomplishing.

Anne

Anne, what a lovely story...and i am so glad this young sweet gal is in your life. She is beautiful....

Peace

Mary

Anne, trust me, you both look adorable in that picture ~ and how proud you must be of your beautiful granddaughter!

(Kay, I tried your terrific suggestion for downsizing pictures, but just so you know, it won't work unless you have Windows 7 installed. Unfortunately, I still have Vista on my computer.)

I love the picture Anne, I so enjoy seeing people's faces. Helps to have a picture in your mind when you are communicating.

Very good story, and a lovely young lady.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Thank you all for the nice comments. She's a peach and the apple of my eye!

Billy, her younger brother, is a different story, but we are always hopeful he will get his ducks in a row. He and I have had a "difference of opinion" about choices he makes, so I don't hear much from him anymore. It's hard for me because I refuse to be like his mother and make excuses for him and not hold him accountable for his actions. Parenting is NO FUN, and Tracy is all about being a buddy. It's sad.

I'm happy Kristina is at school and making the choice to work on her future!

Anne

Seriously? I used to downsize pics in XP when I had it, now I have Win7. I don't know why vista would be that different. I'm sorry!