Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Just A Bad Night

I remember twenty-eight years ago tonight I was so excited. Tomorrow was my wedding day. I remember crawling into bed and saying to myself that this will be the last night I will sleep alone. I was getting ready to share my life with the most wonder man I had ever known. Then three years ago, this June, my world was turned upside-down. I lost the love of my life and nothing has been the same. There is no one to share my life. I don't know why but I am really having a hard time tonight. You would think that after three years things would be getting better. For the most part they are but for some reason I am really struggling tonight. I just miss him so much.

I know I haven't posted in awhile but I do come to the site often. Thanks for listening, I just needed to talk to someone.

Kat

Kat, I am sorry today is so difficult. I believe grief will raise its head on and off as long as we live. Iris 2 years for me and I am pretty sad all the time I don't really expect that to be a whole lot different next year...thinking back to your wedding day fills you with wonderful memories and dreams the dram did not include his death. I am so sorry. I do understand and hear you.

Mary

Kat, I think those days that were particularly special will always make us sad, the anniversary of our wedding was on Friday, we would have been married 22 years. Mike died just months before we made it to the 20th year mark. Pretty good for a couple that very few people thought would last a year!! Came from very different life styles and families.

Miss him a lot, and especially on days like that.

Understand how you are feeling.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Dear Kat,

Mary is so right, GRIEF has a way of crashing over you when think or believe that you have been doing really good. Then like being on that calm water, this giant wave washes over you, sending you down to the bottom where the light does not shine anymore. Tumbling being, thrown all about. Fight just to catch a breath. Then the light comes into view again, and soon you are back on top of the water, it is still very rough water but at lest you can see, and breath again. Sometimes it can take weeks for those storms to pass. I know I am in a storm myself right now. I know exactly what you feel. One day soon the sun will shine, the waters will be smooth sailing again, so until then we must go on, because that is was the most important thing that our spouses wanted from us after the passed, was for us to grieve, never forget them, I know I could never, ever forget Pauline, to cherish the memories we made with them, and not to dwell on the finality of their life. For Pauline, I go on. It takes courage, strength, and faith, whatever that may be for you. I know mine, and what works for me. Grief is not an easy road to travel, no matter how much time has passed, from the day we lost the love of our lives, best friend, soul mate, the very best person I had ever meet. My heart and thought are with you, my positive energy I will send your way. Stay strong.

God Bless

Dwayne

I lost George in 2005, I still miss him, sometimes it just hits you especially hard and there's no predicting when. I thought we'd grow old together, not me alone missing him.