Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I most certainly do... he was and is my husband always and forever! The only person in my life ever, which ever accepted me fully for me. He gave my life meaning and purpose. He taught me how to enjoy life, whether we had cash flow or not. The mere concept of just being with one another, celebration enough for us both. The gaining of a family, his son at age 8, my son in my eyes through birth as it may be... at least the way I felt. The raising of my 2 beautiful granddaughters through my son's lifestyle...all of this a blessing from God and my husband!

It has been hard to even write or speak of how I feel, which is why I have not been on here very much. This step is like admitting he, my husband is gone. But in my heart he is still here. I tried to confide in another, which turned out to be a horrific mistake and hurt me to the point of no return. I have tried to make a web page on Facebook, to which no one has really entered to find out about. I created it to see if anyone felt or needed to respond to make themselves heal or feel better. Confusion encompasses me... it has affected an already shaky anxiety disorder, I have to remain strong for the girls and my son, but all I really want is to isolate myself and build a shrine to my husband. I am in college, online now, as I find it difficult to go out... my intention in the beginning was to get a business degree and open a restaurant in his memory. This looks futile at best as I will not have the money to begin this, or the psychological ability to enter society, as well as the collateral to get it off the ground. Everything to which I have tried to "go on" has become futil.

I miss him so, it has been 6 years and the pain just does not subside no matter what I try to detur it... help!

Yes, George and I were truly soul mates and we had that inscribed inside our wedding bands soulmates TAT (thru all time). Nothing will ever change that, for us, there was a true connection.

That is so cool... I do not believe in tatoo's but something urged me to get one about 5 years prior to his passing. It was a feeling that I needed to immortalize him with me, to literally as well as figuativly be as one with him all of our days. To never forget! I have never regretted his name on my body once! He was an angel sent to live here on earth for a set amount of time then God took him home again. Roger was so perfect in everyway! I miss him so! Thank you for sharing, it is good to know there are other soulmates out there to.

I do believe in soul mates. Arthur made me feel complete. I had spent most of my life feeling like there was something missing...it was not until I met Arthur that I finally felt complete. I will never forget the moment when that empty spot went away. It was our second date and we were sitting on a bridge watching the sun set and talking while cuddled together on a bench. I remember feeling this tight spot in my chest loosen and this huge feeling of "at last"...from that moment he was mine and I was his. I had no doubt he was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

You may not believe this...but from the moment Roger and I went out I knew! We were married just 2 months after meeting each other, and just missed our 22nd anniversary when he passed. The absolute best 22 years of my life!!!He taught me to be me, and to like myself for who I was... he was a saint!

I would give almost anything to be able to say I had Arthur for 22 years. He died almost one month before the second anniversary of our first date. I hate thinking about the next 20 years without him. I am so glad you had Roger that long...and yet I have no doubt that 22 years does not feel like enough time either. I guess there is never enough time when you have lost your other half...whether you have 2 years or 80.

Yes. Dragon was my soulmate and I knew that deep down in my heart. I know there will never be another like him and our relationship was unique in that way. In my lifetime I was so fortunate to find somone who I truly connected with on every level. I knew it was right and never doubted it. Is there a chance for someone to again touch me in that way and I for them? I do not know. I do know there will never be another "us" and that is the way I will always keep our relationship in my heart. I do believe there may be something else out there for those of us that have been left behind.

Kimberly

Lina,

I am so very sorry that all you had together was 2 years. they say, quality not quaantity is what counts. I agree only to an extent... as we know the quality part with our loved ones, but need the quantity to feel "whole" again as well. I feel for you, not so much sympathy, but empathy! I know

how" you feel not sorry for you in the sense that I know you knew you were loved and we both had that something special that others look all their lives for... we were the lucky ones. In the movie Steel Magnolias; they said 5 minutes of wonderful...rather than a lifetime of nothing special... it is true I believe...

Without a doubt, there are soulmates. I lost mine six years ago also. I had never experienced the love, acceptance, and bond that we shared. I am still lost without him. I finally felt understood, what a gift he gave me. From the day we met we knew. Now I'm here without him, it seems impossible. Deborah

• 2 weeks later...

Celene was truly my soul mate. By our second date I knew I want to spend every hour with her and she with me. Celene and I talked about how she thought I was a total ass the first time we met and yet we still found each other unwilling to say goodbye just weeks later. We met again at a friends moving get together and spent the whole night, into the morning, just talking and sharing our life stories. I am not sure if I will ever find that connection again and at this time not sure if I want to.

Zeeks,

I pray that your wishes to memorialize your husband. I understand just how you must feel when you say: "Everything to which I have tried to "go on" has become futil". Although it has been less than 8 months since I lost my soul mate, I feel frustrated that the will to keep Celene's dreams alive keep hitting delays and road blocks. I pray that we both find solutions to our wishes and that better days are ahead.

Thank you all, there are no real answers...all the help and words in the world do not stop the pain...lately it seems life is so pointless and I am so very out of touch with reality. The only things I seem to go on for are my 2 granddaughters with which I have guardianship of... they are my daughters in my heart and head. If they can find life, and a mate in life that love them and which they love and feel as secure and safe with as I did and do my Roger, then it (life) has been worthwhile. If not then why do I still go on breathing? I am sorry, I just do not know where to turn... I hurt so impossibly bad... zeeks

Zeeks,

I know the pain you are feeling. I know what you mean about help and words not stopping the pain. I know for myself that only time and my own strength will mend my heart. Even today I was working on a job with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. He had heard about Celene and expressed his sympathy. The words he shared brought a few tears and set me into a state that changed my day. I was doing fine, keeping my focus on work, until I started to share memories of that day when Celene passed. I spent several minutes just reflecting on memories past and realized my production was minimal so I packed up and left the site.

As much as I long for the day that only smiles will come from my memories of Celene, I patiently accept the pain that is felt from my lonely heart missing my soul mate. Prayers and wishes - Anthony