Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Free Fall

Hi Anne - Thank you for keeping me in your heart. It means a lot to me to know that you care. The care and understanding that I have received from the people on this website (like you) have truly helped me so much. I know that I am not alone, and that there are people who understand what I am going through. Yes...asking for what I want seems to be the issue here -- as does me still grieving for my dear mother, and the connectedness she created for our whole family. I know I am lucky to have had such true love in my life, and will continue to remember how precious it was -- and how that love can sustain me.

Here's some good news...I had a chat with a friend yesterday...and one today with a friend who is celebrating her birthday, and both conversations actually included me in them! My friends actually asked how things were going in my life -- and they asked in the beginning of the conversation. As I have written, it has been a long while since this type of interraction has happened with my friends, and I really noticed it -- and appreciated their asking. Feels like I am "filling back up" instead of being depleted.

Prayer...with lots of patience and willingness to learn...pays off.

As does the encouragement and support of you, Anne, and the caring people I have here on this site.

You are in my heart as well.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great to hear! Maybe an answered prayer! :)

Dear Miss Ngu

This is such great news. I am so happy for you. Pure gift and it is so encouraging. Peace to your heart, Mary

Yes, I am in your corner as is everyone here. I like Marty's idea. That is pretty much how it works with my friend Cathy...we both get to share and sometimes we switch it around...depending on who needs to talk the most...after 42+ years it is sort of a natural thing now but . Asking for what we need is something that is hard for so many. I know it is for me but I have gotten better at it, much much better, as I took care of Bill, grieve and been sick. I hope you can maintain contact here and with some friends. We can not do this alone.

Peace

Mary