Grief Healing Discussion Groups

After a wonderful thunderstorm last night, while I was visiting friends on Gaither Mountain, today is a really great ozarks day. We sat on the deck last night and watched the thunder clouds and the lightning, and then the welcome rain. We did not get as much rain here in the valley where I live, but still got some. My friend Tom has his children coming this weekend for Father's Day. They called yesterday wanting to know what he wanted for Father's Day....just a hug he said. I would give the world for a hug from my father, who has been gone for 10 years. My children have no father, or step-father alive, both my xhusband and my Mike are gone. They too would give a lot for a hug from them. Many of us on here have children, who have lost their father, when our spouses died. My grief is so great at times, that I forget that I am not the only one who grieves. Happy Father's day to the fathers still here, and we will remember with love the fathers that are gone.

Mary (Queeniemary)in Arkansas

I agree, Mary. I frequently get into my own pain and forget... there are so many kids (of people right on this forum) who are missing their fathers this weekend. I, too, am thinking of all of you this weekend: the kids and the dads.

My dad died in 1992. Bill and I never had kids...I was 46 when we married. I used to tie a card and gift to our dog's collar and send him to Bill with an invitation to dinner and movie or road trip on Father's Day.

Peace,

Mary

You are right...my daughter has lost two fathers now...one because he has chosen not to be an active part of her life and then her heart daddy died. Arthur loved being her step-dad and called her "my girl"...I grieve that she lost such a wonderful daddy.

*hugs*

Today I am torn. It was seven Father's Days ago that George died, only that year it was the 19th instead of the 17th of June. So I will relive this today and again on Tuesday. I am supposed to be at church today, helping honor the fathers, but I am so not feeling like it. I wish all of the fathers here a good day today. For myself, I just want to stay home...