Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Tearful Today

Kay, I am just trying to find the best food as vet thinks his dry skin on his back might be diet. Nothing serious. Thanks though. I am learning a lot about making his food at home...and the essentials that must go in it. My trainer friend makes hers. Thank you. I am starting to wonder if I am moving into pneumonia as I did last summer. This is ALL stress, grief and exhaustion related. Mary

The day is over. I spent a lot of time going through photos last evening. Woke up this morning with my flu/bug/cold whatever it is starting over again...feeling crappy all over again. Frustrating. Since Bill died, I get sick repeatedly. Hence my upcoming year off...this weekend instead of going to the art fair...I am going to lay low, maybe paint. Thanks for all your posts of support around this year's wedding anniversary. Not sure why it was harder than last but maybe being sick did not help. Will respond to posts later.

Peace to all, Mary

I sure hope you are feeling better today.

Let me know if you ever hit on the perfect combination (doggy diet), I'd be curious what it is. I usually don't put my dog on my homemade concoction for more than a week or two. (Him and Skye are prone to intestinal upsets.)

I hope you're feeling better today!

I am very close to knowing that. My dog trainer friend told me what she uses and she has the healthiest dogs I have ever seen. Teeth are pure white and live very long lives and high energy-they do fly ball tournaments often. She has two dogs but a friend of her breeds German Shepherds and she makes all their food. They took 14 dogs to a tournament last week. Not the way I want to spend a weekend but hey, it is a passion and right now I would like a passion. Every two months she grinds up RAW veggies (no onions and I have to get the exact list) and also grinds up protein (raw beef, chicken, pork, tripe :(, fish of all kinds) then mixes those and grinds to the substance of relish, divides, freezes portions. She also does some more things but I am finding all this out and sent for a recipe book by the seasons..ie what is available when. It might end up being cheaper when you consider that dry food is very low. Here is the link she sent me with GREAT videos: http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/ This Karen Becker is here in Madison, apparently. I am not working too hard at this right now but plan to make a shift soon. I will let you know what I end up doing. Right now my focus is getting healthier myself... :) mary

Mary - I sure hope you are feeling better and aren't getting pneumonia. Stress, crying, etc. sure can get us to feeling horrible. I have been fighting chest pains since I lost my love and I have contributed it to anxiety/anxiety attacks. Last night the chest pain woke me up for the 1st time so that was a little scary. I've been monitoring my blood pressure and it is low but I'm not feeling dizzy or anything. I think it's all anxiety. Keep on resting.

Missing Him

Dear missing him,

Grief takes a gigantic toll on our bodies...and I have ignored my body for a long time so it is doing all it can to get me to pay attention. In my history the worst sickness I ever had was a head cold...no big deal. But the only time I ever got them was when I would overdo. We all must take care of ourselves. Do you use any kind of meditation techniques for the anxiety. It truly helps. You might check mindfulness online as it can make a real difference. I am sorry you are in such pain. All we can do is go through the pain and take care of ourselves. I am not the best example of the latter but things are about to change :)

Peace

mary

Mary's suggestions are sound. Still, chest pain that awakens you at night is serious enough to warrant being checked out by your primary care physician, if only to rule out a physical cause for your symptoms. I encourage you to make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible to get this addressed.

Yes, it might be good to get a stress test just to rule out heart...George made me promise on his death bed that I would have one done because if he had had one done in time, he might still be here. The attendant told me she wished she had me for her walking partner! :) But I have had anxiety attacks and am now on medicine for it, it's helped tremendously. I also pray every day and that helps. But sometimes it takes some extra help to get it under control.