Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Beloved Is Not With Me Anymore

Anne, this is so right on. I thank you for sharing it. I too have added it to my growing grief file. Thank you for sharing.

Peace and love

Mary

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anne, thank you for sharing this. We had a thread about this very subject once "What I've learned about grief". I wish I knew where to reference it, it was good. I think all of us appreciate your sharing this with us.

Marty and Kay, I had forgotten about this series on What I have learned. So helpful to re-read these. Thank you, Mary

Anne, if you go to griefhealing.com (Marty's site) there are a ton in the blog and on the site. But she is a genius at finding so many that are meaningful.

Off to help a friend learn iPod and iTunes....frankly I would like a nap instead. But....promised.

Mary

Oh Mary, that is how I was first introduced to Marty. The first call to me from HOV after Jim died was from a grief counselor who directed me to the site. That is how I found the online 'First Year of Grief: Help for the Journey' class. I am only on the fourth lesson because there are so many links to go to from each lesson and I only receive the e-mails twice a month I also have the book which I use to review. I didn't join until September even though Jim passed in May. I was/sometimes am in denial. I do use griefhealing.com almost daily. And don't forget to get that nap in. Anne

So glad you found your way here. I do not know what I would have done without everyone here these many months. I participated in a Hospice spousal loss group in Madison about 3 months after Bill died. It was a 5 session deal and it helped some. I also saw a grief counselor and she is still available to me if I so need. Pretty helpful also.

As for my nap...I KNOW I am pushing myself right now. I think come Thanksgiving (which I will spend at Cathy's- 19th to 23rd or 24th) I will just crash when I return home. I know I may be needed down there in December...not sure yet. Her son arrives on the 10th so someone will be there. Her husband is well...an issue. I have made a solemn vow :) to myself to monitor my schedule better....I tend to get into these places and then regret some choices I make. It seems to be a part of figuring how the "new normal" whatever normal means. A work in progress. Balance. I am pretty exhausted and that does not help me. I am aiming at doing one day at a time...Peace, Mary

Marty, Thank you, you're a treasure! I'd forgotten you'd done that...I recognized some of the entries. :)

Something to Think About. November already. Anne

Anne,

Thank you for sharing. So much of it speaks volumes, especially the one about people with petty issues that can be solved. I have found very little, to no, tolerance or time for such problems. Smiles and hugs.

Anthony

Anne,

Thank you for sharing. So much of it speaks volumes, especially the one about people with petty issues that can be solved. I have found very little, to no, tolerance or time for such problems. Smiles and hugs.

Anthony

See my 'more sharing' in the attachment below. I am finding this journey quite interesting! Have a good week. Anne

So what else is someone to do on a Sunday afternoon when others are busy with whatever... I'm adding my thoughts on: 'Is it Grieving or Mourning I'm Into Now?' as a pdf file so those who don't wish to read it won't be bored. :D My new trees are planted. I gave some living room pieces to Habitat for Humanity. I added more things around the house to remind me of Jim - like I needed to. Should I feel better - I don't know. I know I don't. Life goes on all around me. Anne

At First I Was Grieving Now I Am Mourning.pdf

Anne, Thank you for sharing that. It sounds like you both had different opinions but enjoyed sharing the things you did together. :) And that makes for an enriched relationship.

I, too, don't like the word "died", it sounds so final...I prefer "passed" because to me, he transformed from one place to another, changed form, but still exists. Some people believe you are just gone, final, poof, like that, you no longer exist...I am not one of those people. I think someone like George was way too vibrant to just "cease to exist".

So I guess I will always grieve as I always feel it...but I've pared back on the mourning...people don't like to hear it this long. :) I can always express myself to this group though, for you guys "get it".

As for the Pinterest, maybe you can do mine, ha ha! I find I just don't have the time to devote to it, but if I ever have the spare time...and yes, I can see how it can be addictive, maybe that's why I don't let myself get into it, for if I did, you'd never see me again, ha!

Anne, Thank you for sharing that. It sounds like you both had different opinions but enjoyed sharing the things you did together. :) And that makes for an enriched relationship.

I, too, don't like the word "died", it sounds so final...I prefer "passed" because to me, he transformed from one place to another, changed form, but still exists. Some people believe you are just gone, final, poof, like that, you no longer exist...I am not one of those people. I think someone like George was way too vibrant to just "cease to exist".

So I guess I will always grieve as I always feel it...but I've pared back on the mourning...people don't like to hear it this long. :) I can always express myself to this group though, for you guys "get it".

As for the Pinterest, maybe you can do mine, ha ha! I find I just don't have the time to devote to it, but if I ever have the spare time...and yes, I can see how it can be addictive, maybe that's why I don't let myself get into it, for if I did, you'd never see me again, ha!

Kay,

You are welcome. Jim and my differences made for a challenging marriage. We loved to banter. Whatever word we choose to use about death is what we choose. I will 'pin' for you only when I stop finding things that inspire me. :D Anne