Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Dreamed About George Last Night!

It's been years since I have dreamed of him...I only remember one previous dream and I think it was about two years into this journey. In my dream this time, we were at home, then we went someplace and we got separated and I didn't have my cell phone with me. I ended up having to walk most of the 8 miles home, uphill, before someone gave me a ride. I tried to borrow someone else's cell phone to call him, but it was weird, it didn't have a back button and I made a mistake entering the number and didn't know how to clear it, it kept taking the phone into a weird mode and I didn't know how to get it back to the part where you dial. I finally reached George when I got home and I remember just asking him, "How soon can you be home?" I just wanted him to come home and hold me.

This dream seems pretty indicative of my feelings...not liking being separated, just wanting to be back together with him holding me. That's all I want, just to have him hold me. Funny, after seven years that feeling doesn't go away, I've accepted that it never will.

Kay,

I also have had a similar dream...like you I remember being so happy to be with Roger; then lost him in hte crowd. I woke crying. Another dream all I couold really remember was waking and smiling; wish I could remember more of that one! All I do remember is that I saw his face just as it used to be, right in front of me. I never wanted to wake that time!!! I was so sad that I even woke up, but I can still feel the comfort in my soul from that one. Wish I knew what they represented...

KayC,

You and I are on the same "timeline" with all this - 7 years here as well. I know exaclty how you feel. You learn to accept it - but really don't want to. I go through period when I don't dream of Jack - then walla - one night he appears - happened to me just the other night. I feel a real kinship with you my dear. I hope you are doing as well as expected. We learn to live with the new reality - but none of it is easy.

Love you my friend

As well as expected about sums it up alright. Knowing you need to teach children about death and how to stand and continue to walk, even though you feel as if you fall with every step. Trying to occupy your mind, but never knowing if what you do will get an end result. Wondering ...always wondering if the children would have been better adjusted if there were the 2 of you again, instead of 1 of me and their father and step mom. Knowing their grief is the same yet different than yours. My granddaughters lost their mother 2 years prior to their papa(Roger), which was their grandfather; we had always had custody of them so he was more like their father than my son, rather step son from my husband. Now he is their male role model; knowing their grief is 100 fold, yet they move on...at times bits and picies come out; but they really do not remember their mother, yet they wanted too. I wanted them too know them both...

this most likely makes no sense... to the average lay person, yet in my mind it kind of does, Hope you can dicypher it.Thanks for letting me "end" your ear...Zeeks

I'm so happy for you and everyone else that have dreams of their loved ones. I so desperatley want to dream about my hubbie too. I had a couple soon after he passed. The last dream I had, he was standing behind me with his arms around me. (I was paying for our dinner). God I miss him terribly :( Missing Him

I love dreaming about Arthur...they don't happen very often, but I long for them so. It feels like for brief moments I get him back. I almost always dream that he is alive and somehow it was all a mistake and tell him about how horrible it was and how I need to call everyone because we have all been devastated by his dieing. One time I dreamed that I got to tell him he had a heart problem and that he needed to get it fixed right away because I dreamed he died and I just could not bear for it to be real.

I would give anything to have a dream about my husband..He just passed sept.24th..I know it hasn't been long..But every night I talk to him and beg him to give me a sign he is okay.He was so looking forward to going home to Heaven..He was diagnosed with cancer August 7th and we knew he didn't have long..It was the type of cancer they don't find until it is stage 4..From the time he was diagnosed until he passed he spent all but 10 days in the hospital..The last time he was 2 days shy of being 3 weeks in hospital..He said from day one he wasn't afraid of where he was going he was afraid of the journey to get there..I want to hear from him so he can tell me his journey is over and he is happy and pain free..Has anyone else gotten a sign from their loved ones? I know I would feel so much better if I just knew..Thank you and God Blessd you all..

Guest babylady

i've had several dreams about john. they take place in south florida . i keep telling him i want to move there and he doesn't. maybe because we went there about 20 times on vacation and always had a good time. i never see his face though.

funny because now i'd never move to florida. got used to the dry climate in phoenix and i love it. also love this beautiful house we built together.

before we came to phoenix the plan was to eventually move to the miami dade area. amazing how things change.

Larry seems to be in my dreams alot!! He was always a talker when he was alive, I guess he wasn't finished talking yet!! While I'm so happy to see him in my dreams, when I wake up the ache in my heart always reminds me, its just a dream. Like you Kay at almost 7 yrs., I would give ANYTHING to have a hug from him, just to see his face. I don't think that will ever go away and I'm okay with that. Love to you my friend, Deborah

Dear Kay,

When we have found, that true love, our sole mate, best friend, the person, who's spirit, and soul, became as one with us, after they pass away, that part stays in our spirit and soul until we join them again. I have dreams of Pauline, that are so real, I here her breathing, I can smell her sweetness, I feel the warmth of her body next to mine. As I wake I know it was a dream, or maybe an angel sent from Heaven to give comfort. Oh how I long to hold her in my arms again. I believe it is at those times in my sleep, that I still have parts of her soul and spirit intertwined with mine. At those moments I have, peace in my heart and soul.

God Bless, My dear friend,

Dwayne

post-14895-13497166413024_thumb.jpg

And Dwayne, thank you for the beautiful picture! I love trees, esp. when they change color in the Fall...and I am growing to love horses more all of the time, as I get to know them. There are horses down the street from me and Arlie and I love to visit them and bring them treats and stroke them, they love attention, just like dogs do.

Anthony,

It's been over seven years for me and I've only dreamed of George twice in all of that time, I'm not sure why. I'm sure you'll have a dream about her sometime, we just never know when it will be.

Anthony, my dear, you said I long for a dream with Celene in it. You all are so fortunate to have such a connection.

There are those who believe that praying for a dream about your loved one can be quite helpful. In the wonderful book, Love Lives On: Learning from the Extraordinary Experiences of the Bereaved, author Louis LaGrand writes:

Seeking an Extraordinary Encounter

I tell every client who comes to me that there is nothing wrong with asking or praying for a sign that your loved one is okay. You will receive a sign when you need it most. Be patient. Persist. Be specific. Keep petitioning. Stay alert and increase your awareness of the coincidences, feelings, unusual happenings, intuitions, and good things that occur during your day. Give thanks when what you have prayed for arrives. Persistent prayer cannot be denied. In particular, ask your Higher Power to allow you to have a visitation dream. Many spiritual counselors believe that dreams are the easiest way for spirits to communicate with survivors.

You might also combine your prayers with meditation. If prayer is talking to the Intelligence, meditation is listening to that Intelligence. Meditation – opening your mind and heart to the messages of the universe around you – will put you in an ideal state of consciousness to receive an Extraordinary Encounter . . . if something happens to you during your prayer or meditation session, and you are not sure how to assess it, ask yourself four questions:

•Is this the kind of thing my loved one would do?

•What is my intuitive feeling about the event? (Notice what comes into your awareness – what thoughts, physical feelings, emotions.)

•Has this event brought the feelings that love has been given and received?

•Most important of all, did the experience bring peace?

If the answer to the last question is yes, you should feel confident that you're being led by a power greater than yourself, regardless of what name you attach to it. I firmly believe that peace and a sense of belonging or connectedness go hand-in-hand, and that the road to true healing lies in following that peace.

[source: Love Lives On: Learning from the Extraordinary Experiences of the Bereaved, by Louis LaGrand, Ph.D., © 2006, pp. 119-121. See also Dr. LaGrand's Web site, Extraordinary Grief Experiences.]

Marty,

What a simply defined way to put it! It's funny, I have studied on prayer, read countless books, spent a great deal of time praying, and believe in it...and you summed up so much of what I've learned in a short few sentences! Hugs to you...