Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Seven Years Ago Today The Fight Was Over

I've been here since the beginning, poured my heart out, all the pain and sadness. Have made great friends and found a family who understood my sorrow. I literally would not be here had I not found this site and Marty's continual support. I thank you all.

Seven years hasn't healed anything for me. My life has been shattered, my heart broken and I have not found my way. I miss my best friend, just knowing him soothed my soul. I found acceptance that I had never had in my entire life. I felt loved beyond anything I'd ever known. He was easy to love, so kind and gentle and could read my thoughts. We were kindred souls. If only....

He was strong and brave and the last days I saw his heart breaking, I saw the pain in his eyes and the fear of leaving us alone. But there was no time, it was happening so fast, we could have never prepared each other for what was to come.

Much to young, 49, the day before his birthday. Wish we could have had our happy ending.

Will always miss him, will always love him and I thank him for loving me. Deborah

Guest babylady

it will be 7 months on the 27th that i lost my husband who was my soul mate. we were together almost 42 years. i can't seem to move on either. all i do is cry. i'm crying right now and have been for hours. where do all the tears come from? will they ever stop?

sending you a big hug.

arlene

Deborah, I share your grief and also your Thanks for this site. Although I have not been able to contribute much lately to help others here, I do read the posts regularly.

Best Wishes for the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday. May the memories of Larry comfort you - and KNOW that you will have a happy ending when you meet once again.

Very dear Deborah, I hope it brings you some small measure of comfort to know that you ~ along with all the other precious souls on this site ~ are being held right here in my heart ~ and in the hearts of all of us here. I am thinking of you today, and sending love and light and healing thoughts to you

Deborah,

I lost Celene just 3 days before her 41st birthday, they left us way too soon. I agree that this site and Marty's continued support makes us all feel like family. I pray that one day we will all feel the comfort our love one gave us. Till then take care and hugs.

Anthony

Wow, and I thought loosing Kathy when she was just 51 was so wrong. Anthony and Deborah, I can just imagine what it must feel like. When I feel the saddest, I remember that I am 63 and have already lived much longer with perhaps many more years to go. I stop feeling so sorry for myself at that moment. Does the loss still hurt like mad? You bet. I try however to remember how great we lived and how she had taught me so many years ago that life is precious and it could end at any moment. So, she said "don't waste it". I guess I have been wasting it a little in the last year and a half but that's okay. I have to grieve. I was once told that at first you have nothing but sad days. Then one day you notice that you had a happy moment. Eventaully you have more happy days than sad ones. We'll see. I for one intend to do the things we both planned on doing together. I think she will be with me when I do.

I always thought I would go first, but I guess that is somewhat selfish. Unless you both go together, and sometimes that happens, eventually one of you sleeps alone.

Stephen

Deborah,

You lost your Larry the day before his birthday, and I lost my George five days after his 51st birthday...you're right, nothing could prepare us and it was way too soon.

I am glad you are here, and glad I got to know you. You're in my thoughts.

Kay