Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Need To Put This Somewhere

Dear Shannon,

I am so sorry that Leo had to go back in the hospital. Both of you continue to be in my prayers. He is where he will get the help he needs and give you a chance to come up for air. I am glad that you are remembering to eat, take meds, and rest. That is good.

I hope you were able to get the car looked at and that it is a minor problem. There seems to be so much fraud going around with credit cards. None of us can be too careful. Please know that we are sending our prayers your way. Peace, Anne

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Shannon,

I am so sorry to hear things are not going better. Grrrr! is right! I hope you are making it through these days keeping in mind to take care of you. Your health is most important right now.

Fainting in rehab does not sound good at all. That must have been beyond scary for you, Leo, and everyone. I hope they can give Leo oxygen assistance in the hospital, and get some of those numbers back in the normal range. I am sure every day is a challenge for you right now.

Meanwhile, your car problems sound serious enough to need a garage. I hope you have a trusted mechanic nearby. I hope your Visa card has a way to get the fraud straightened out, because the last thing you need right now is any more worries.

I hope you have been able to get a good night's rest, and that things will look a little better in the morning.

Meanwhile, I send love and hugs to you, and

*<twinkles>*

fae

Oh Shannon, I continue to hold you and Leo in my prayers. It's easy to wonder why so much is happening at once when it comes like this, yet I know there is no resounding answer, only that it does. I pray God gives you strength and wisdom through today...remember, one day at a time is enough for your full plate! Your bank should remove the fraudulent visa charges. It's odd they put them through with them being out of character with your normal charges. You'd think they would have contacted you to find out if they were legitimate.

And I pray the car gets you around and hopefully holds out until you get your new visa card. Is there any way the bank could give you the visa number and exp. date w/o having to wait for it to arrive in the mail if you do need to use it for a car repair? Is there anyone who could look at the car for you? My daughter's car had this happen years ago and my son found it and fixed it, I'll write and ask him what it was because I don't remember. It was something relatively simple and inexpensive, maybe a hose or something?

Hang in there!

Oh they called me and they did not let the charges go through... They blocked them... And they said my card would still be active. Well, it's clearly not. So I have to wait for a new one.

The car acted up after the blizzard. It's an idling issues... I slow down and it stalls... And the tachometer is all over the place. Leo's brother in law will be helping with payment next week to get it repaired. For now it still runs. I just have to keep restarting it when it stalls.

I was up and down during the night... Kept waking up soaked sweating. Anxiety perhaps.

On my way to the hospital to see Leo.

My daughter's car did that years ago, I texted my son and will see what he says, it might save some looking (my son is a mechanical engineering student and has always worked on cars but he doesn't live nearby). I'm glad your BIL will be able to help you.

Are you over the flu yet?

Leo is sick. He has bronchitis... So that's why he is having difficulty breathing. He is dehydrated which is worsening his kidney function and also made his potassium level way too high... Which is dangerous for his heart. They will be doing more kidney tests. They will be doing tests on his carotid artery to check for stenosis. He is on on IV fluids and antibiotics. He is sleeping a lot today. His blood sugar is staying high again... Because of the bronchial infection and the dehydration.

I'm home. He is in the ICU because of his recent health issues and heart surgery. I'm still not feeling myself so I'm not taking the chance of passing anything more to him or getting anything more myself. I saw him briefly this morning... but wore a mask. Unfortunately there are no phones in ICU, but I've been talking to his nurses and they relay messages to him.

Am off to clean a bit, eat some, take a bubble bath, and hopefully sleep early.

My son wrote back and said my daughter's car had a little vacuum leak, so yes he replaced a hose, I knew it was something cheap and easy for all the problems it had caused her!

It has to be hard to not be able to reach him by phone when you're an hour away and still sick yourself. At least you know he's getting good care and thank God it isn't all on you right now with all he has going on with his body. Keep trying to rest...

Dear Shannon,

I am so sorry that things keep piling up around you.

If hospital equipment would not be compromised, they might let you and Leo talk by the sort of inexpensive little walkie-talkies that they have at Walmart. Be sure to get the batteries.

Right now, time for you to stay warm and hydrated, take an extra long warm and relaxing bubble bath, and snuggle in for a good long sleep, warm and cozy. You need to heal, and let the hospital take care of Leo for while. I hope you have some delicious Chicken Soup to nibble.

Mostly, I am glad you have come home to take care of your self and get some rest. Healing will happen while you sleep.

Be gentle and caring with yourself.

Blessings and

*<twinkles>*

fae

Leo is slowly getting better.

I spent Sunday and yesterday in the hospital because I was dehydrated, and my temp was over 102. Got a huge amount of IV fluids, IV antibiotics. My electrolytes were very out of whack. I came home las night. Just resting.

Dear Shannon,

Thank you for letting us know how you are doing.

I am sorry to hear you needed hospitalization, but so glad that you went and got help, and are being cared for. I hope you have the resources available at home to care for yourself, and have others to help care for you nearby. Meanwhile, please take good care of yourself with gentleness, patience, and lots of rest and healing.

I am glad to hear Leo is doing better.

Now, please take very good care of you. This is not an easy time for you in any way, so please do give yourself a lot of love, compassion, and gentle care. I hope that today is better for you. I send {{{hugs}}}

You will be in my prayers today.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Leo is slowly getting better.

I spent Sunday and yesterday in the hospital because I was dehydrated, and my temp was over 102. Got a huge amount of IV fluids, IV antibiotics. My electrolytes were very out of whack. I came home las night. Just resting.

So glad that Leo is better and that you got proper care and are now home resting. Please continue to take care of yourself. It matters. You matter. Leo matters.

Peace

Mary

Shannon,

I know this is a very trying time...just remember, when everything is beyond your control, let go of it and let God and His angels take care of you and your Leo. I'm glad you're home now and hope you can rest.

Thank you Fae, Mary, and Kay,

I've just been sleeping A LOT, of course when you are in the hospital, they never let you sleep... Bloodwork, vitals, IV's... So now I'm home just sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeping. :)

Fae, I love your *<twinkles>*!!

I'm glad, Shannon! I hope you get better soon and your husband and you can enjoy each other's company once again, it's hard being ill so long!