Grief Healing Discussion Groups

annie2132013

Thanks for the kind words, annie. My dogs have been a great comfort to me, even if they could never replace Kylie. I have to apologize for not responding sooner- I don't come here every day as I'm reminded of the loss of my pretty girl plenty enough as it is and reading the posts here from others who have suffered a similar loss is hard to do. How are you doing? Better, I hope. I know it's not easy now and may never be, but I wish you the best.

• 1 month later...

Many thanks to all of you who have written to me. I am doing better, but I still miss my dogs. Perhaps the answer is another rescue who has had a life not so good , that I could make better. Having dogs my whole life, it seems odd to me not having a dog. It has been six months, and I have cried many tears.

Perhaps it is getting to be time for me to open my heart again to a dog who needs me. Thanks for listening, as many do not understand the love one has for their dog, and dismiss it as silly, or not worth crying about. Those are the ones who do not understand the love and devotion a dog can have.

To those of you in great pain, know that time will make you better. There are many dogs that need a home, and maybe you will be the one. Take god care of yourself, cry, and know that others understand.