Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Very Sad Today

Dear Babbent514,

I am so sorry about your sadness and this terrible double loss. No, it is not fair. I hope you have some family close by to help you bear this pain of loss. Grieving is exhausting sometimes, and it can help to share the journey.

I am glad you have found this place, because there are a lot of us here who will love and walk with you as you find your way.

Please know that others will be visiting you here as well, and that you are not alone.

Blessings,

feralfae

Did your brother and sister cut you off at the time of the loss? It could be them grieving in their own way. Perhaps you could reach out to them another way, a card or something just stating simply how much you love them and miss them. I'd keep it simple, make it more of a way of reaching out to them.

I'm sorry, it's hard to feel alone with your grief.

I'm sorry, it's real hard when you make overtures and they're rebuffed, and often we don't even know why. All you can do is respect their wishes and maybe someday it will change, one never knows.

Babbent514,

I'm so for the loss of your Mom and Dad.

I so understand family not talking and shutting you down. After my Mom's murder when I was 15, her sisters have treated me like garbage and like its my fault. I already have guilt, but hearing those words from them just rips at my heart even deeper. And my brother, the one person who knows what it feels like to loss our Mom... And grow up without her... Has shut me out.

I just wanted you to know that I get it. And I'm very sorry.

Hugs

• 2 weeks later...

Hang in there, I know it's not easy.