Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Having A Bad Day.

Thinking about my Mom and Dad today and can't stop crying.I know they are in a better place and not in pain anymore and for that i am greatful but I want them back so bad it hurts.I drove bye there old place today after work,I don't know why I just ended up over there and saw another car in the driveway.I so wanted to go up to the door and knock but I just sat there in my car crying like a 2 year old then drove off.I feel so alone here without them.I am trying to move on but I just can't seem to stop crying.I miss them both so much.

My daughter and I went to my mom's house awhile back. There were new people living there and we asked them if we could look around at the house. They let us in and it was totally different. It was a closure for us, though we missed the old way it was. It hurt very much to see it the way it is now, but I think it helped us to let go, in a way. It is hard to explain, but it was not my mom's house anymore. I lived in that home for over 40 years off and on. We moved there when I was about 2 years old. Actually my uncles and dad built the house, which makes it harder. They even carved their last name and date in the cement they laid. It is really sad, but I had to let go. My mom has been gone for 5 years now. I miss her just as much today as I did when we lost her. Good luck to you.

babben, you should have knocked, I'm sure the new owners wouldn't have minded. I did that one time with my daughter and the new owners actually were glad to hear about the house's history and a chance to ask a couple of questions.

Deb, I'm sure it was good for helping you move on. Sometimes that's a hard but necessary step in the scheme of things.

Thanks guys maybe I will do that and pray that it will help in some way.And if they ask questions,Should I tell them that she passed away in the back bedroom,don't want to freak them out or anything.And that my Dad almost passed away right in the livingroom 5 months later.

I wouldn't tell them your parents passed in the house, that unnerves some people. Maybe just tell them your family used to live there and you wonder if they'd mind if you took a peek...