Grief Healing Discussion Groups

We do share something very sacred this day, dear Mary. Birth and Death - beginning and end - as I do my walk today at the Estrellas I shall be thinking of you and Bill and the journey you have taken together as I remember my life with Jim. Ours ran a similiar path in so many ways. Love is a very powerful thing. I thank you for your kind words and encouragement along my path as you have struggled with yours. We will never know how much this forum has helped so many of us. We will only know that we will continue to be here for one another. I cry right along with you and with no shame for we have learned that tears are healing. Love, Anne

Anne, I am so glad that one fireman remembered your Jim and I am relieved that you did not go to the mountains alone yet. I know it is a strange feeling to know it is Jim's birthday and yet buy no present, make no dinner reservations or special meal, no birthday hug...oh, how I know. It sounds like you honored Jim well today with the brownies for the firemen, the trip to Memorial Park...and tears. I send you peace and hope the day has been one of gratitude as well as the pain. Peace, Mary

Dear Mary,

Your journey is eloquently share in your not, and your image of walking with grief in one hand and gratitude in the other rings true, I imagine, for many of us here. Your journey and survival, and your capacity to balance the emotions of love and loss, grief and gratitude, hope and heartbreak within your heart and mind are a guidepost for us all. Thank you. As I read your posts and watch you journey with grace and love through this time of remembering, I am touched by your optimism and ability to enjoy the moments of the day that touch you with their beauty and friendship, art and companionship. Emerging from this time of great wonder at the eternal essence of awareness and continuity of life, I hope we are all touched by your words and the promise of Spring. Today is a new day, filled with all that we can see and dream, and it is both comforting and inspiring to hear your heart singing out with the wonder. *<twinkles>* fae

Thank you, fae. I feel good that perhaps the way I choose to do my journey helps someone even a tiny bit...it helps me to be more at peace with Bill's death to know that my loss and his struggles are not in vain. Peace, Mary