Grief Healing Discussion Groups

“Do Pets Go To The Afterlife?” Video Interviews, Parts I & Ii

Maylissa

Dear Animal Parents,

Another of many resources (finally, these days!) for those of us who have, or are still suffering due to the transitions of our priceless furbabies (or just peacefully reflecting about same), is that of the "afterlife" evidence so many more people are taking a greater interest in nowadays. (myself, I've come to term it what I think is a more apt "Continuing Life") One of my favourite interviewers of this topic has become Bob Olson, with his "Afterlife TV" online series, as well as his other afterlife sites/resources.

Regarding the physical deaths of animal companions, Bob did an interview (in 2011) with Danielle Mackinnon, another Animal Communicator, which included learning about our soul contracts with our animals, and how knowing about and understanding those can lend meaning and healing to our grieving process. While some of my own experiences, as well as other people's I've known, have differed and been more inclusive than some of Danielle's (e.g. receiving messages from those I've lost even during the rawest parts of grief), many may find her content of great help and comfort, regardless. My advice would be to always question, or at least take with a grain of salt, whatever someone else claims as a 'final' answer, and allow for your OWN experiences to teach you what is possible. With that suggestion in mind, you can listen to this interview here, and as always, I hope this, too, serves to bring some comfort in your grief:

http://www.afterlife...011/09/21/pets/

For the animals and their people,

xox

Maylissa

Thank you so much, Maylissa, for sharing this with us. I'm sure it will bring comfort to many bereaved animal lovers here.

How lovely to "see" you here again! I'm so glad to know that you're still willing to drop in from time to time, as your posts are always so helpful and informative! Blessings to you, dear one.

As always, heartfelt thank you's BACK, Marty. :) I miss you and the GH family and its opportunity for support.

However, it's been an extremely challenging past 2 years for me (and ongoing), so I've seldom had enough time left in a day to come by and share, either about my own personal struggles, or with resources for others. Today I made a small exception. But I guess the good news is that there IS so much more out there now than there was even just a few years ago, so "yay."

xox

Maylissa

• 1 month later...

Maylissa,

Thank you thank you thank you for this video! I have never had good timing, but apparently you do. I have had many animals as companions and death has always been so difficult for me to process. Plus recently i lost my sweet Marcus (man of my dreams) so i have been trying to learn more about connecting with spirit energy. Marcus didn't like the word spirit so i just put the 2 together. I had 2 chinchillas and 5 ferrets. Right now i only have my little Luna. She was Marcus's girl. I am rambling. I apologize i'm just excited about your post.

Thank you so much for this! :)

You're most welcome, Mark and Kristen, and I'm glad the videos are of help to each of you. :closedeyes:

And since I'm here and have a few minutes....

Mark, I hope your bereavement over Bicky is easing up a wee bit now (but if it isn't, I'd fully understand) and that you're still working on your loving mini-novel as part of your beautiful fur-boy's legacy. I know it's, as I always put it, only been 2 years (and now almost 4 months) for you, and that might feel like just "yesterday" as yet. Not to discourage you, but simply to share, I just passed the 6 yr, 8 month mark for my Nissa-girl, and I'm still left breathless that it's really been that long in earthly-time, when it seems like it couldn't possibly be more than HALF that length, at most. :( But I also had an epiphany when briefly reflecting on this, since I've also learned this is a very common feeling among the grieving:

Perhaps, what this feeling is really about, is a reflection, or remembrance, of our REAL home, our spiritual Home, where there IS no such thing as linear, earthly time. And so, what we're experiencing when we're (sadly) remembering being with those we love so deeply and have 'lost,' is actually just being more closely in touch with our soul's innate Knowingness of "no time at all."

It gave me great comfort to sense that this might be the case, and by extension, that this is what our loved ones experience, except more so and fully, as they 'wait' for us to join with them once again in that "eternity." To me, this brings much relief, as I would never want my furkids to have suffered even one iota of this "missing" of me, their mom and soulmate, as I have of them.

In any case, I DO always make sure to read your "installments" each and every time I get notice of one, even if I don't have time left to post anything in return, so know that you're providing benefit to many, whether you hear about it or not. And please always do your best to slough off any and all unenlightened humans' disregard of your grief, those ("lost souls") who don't recognize that Bicky was never, and will never be, "just a dog." WE know far better, and from within our very hearts and souls, where it really counts. Please give my very best to Naoko, too.

I'm very sorry for all of your losses, Kristen, and can't imagine how hard it must be to have recently lost the man of your dreams, too, on top of all the others. I hope you and Luna will be of great support to each other as your shared grief journey unfolds, and that you will take good care of each other, even through the deep sorrow. As you may already know, our animal companions are often the best "therapists" of all, in both good times and bad. But we also must see to their needs in their own grief, and no matter how long theirs lasts, too.

Like you, I too, find death very difficult (and lengthy) to process....this, despite all the awe-inducing things I've learned and experienced along the way. So I haven't 'solved' that one for myself as yet, and maybe I never will, or am ever meant to in this lifetime. But perhaps it gives me, and you, and those like us, other gifts in exchange -- like added sensitivity for others, more patience and willingness to allow for the process of sorrow, and other tender and useful aids such as these....as the blessings in what might otherwise be viewed as a shortcoming.

I see you've also heard that being in a calmer state helps us connect to our loved ones (as these videos also suggest), and while I'd say this might be usually true, I still maintain it's not a "cast in stone" prerequisite for receiving signs from them, or even for talking (sending) to them. So please try not to add that extra, and possibly unnecessary pressure on yourself. Signs from our loved ones very often come at the perfect times for us, regardless of how we're doing. To this day, I know my furbabies almost never fail to send their ever-loving support (through a sign) when I'm the MOST upset about something, far and above over when I'm feeling more okay. That is, after all, what real love is about, and so my "forever" darlings prove that to me, time after time after time. :wub:

I would also encourage anyone, and no matter the type of loss, to spend some time watching Bob's many other inspiring video interviews on his site, as the more aware we all become of our spiritual journeys and depths, the more our Collective Consciousness as a whole rises, and thus the faster and more fully evolved we become, which can only be another aid in decreasing our common fears &/or pains.....a really GOOD thing, imo.

Take care, everyone,

Maylissa

Maylissa

Thank you so much for understanding.

The truth is, these last few months, I've hit a bit of a wall. I miss him (Bicky) so much...Of course, time eases the pain in ways, but there is hole in my heart that is still stubbornly open.... the truth is, I would give just about anything to make contact with him, even it were just for a fleeting moment, to say how much I love and miss him and to wait for me.

I must admit I have been toying with the idea of getting in touch with Bicky through a dog psychic...I am skeptical of such things but I am so desperate to ease this suffering I hold, I would do anything.

I do realize overcoming true grief is a journey that does not necessarily end.

I hope I haven't hijacked this thread;)

Thanks so much....

Mark (and Bicky)

Dear Mark,

No worries about "hijacking" this thread - you're just responding, and nothing wrong with that! ;)

I'm not surprised in the least that you've "hit a wall," as you say. The "missing them" component of bereavement rises and falls, too, and for some of us, it never really ends, and sometimes actually gets worse, depending on this or that....especially at Angelversaries and other such milestones, or during other upsetting times. So I understand your feeling of desperation, really and truly. I've personally found that those holes never really close, either, even though (the more hopeful part) they aren't always so raw-ly sore all the time, over time. Others I've met also say they feel the same, especially those who've experienced such soul-deep and rich relationships with their nonhuman mates. (not all people do)

Since you mentioned it, you may want to check out what I just posted about "Lost Pets" resources, as included in that site is a fairly large list of Animal Communicators who don't do ONLY "lost pet" communications (in fact, many don't take on that specific work for various reasons), but general ones as well, and yes, of course, including animals in spirit. I personally know some of these people (since I do a modicum of this type of work, too, and have also hired a few myself through the yrs) and have heard several good things about some of the others. You could check out their individual sites and see who you're drawn to &/or google their names as well, since some have been mentioned/reviewed by members on other sites. Oftentimes, desperation is the impetus that leads us to "wild and wonderful" experience, abiding comfort, new knowledge and growth, and an even greater lifetime legacy from our furkids.

It's not a bad thing to be skeptical, as long as you don't keep yourself SO tightly close-minded that you can't allow yourself to see the forest for the trees. ;) I suspect, though, that if you do your homework first and choose someone who resonates with you in some important way/s, you'll end up with a treasured and personally-meaningful connection to (& communication with) Bicky that will even grow on its own afterwards (they LOVE it when we connect with them!....in fact, I can "see" Bicky leaping up and smiling for JOY at the prospect), and which you can carry with you forevermore. These don't always take away all the pain, of course, but they sure can help during the journey through it! A friendly tip: if you go for it, ask some questions that don't easily give away the answer you may "want to hear," so you can KNOW a "validation" for certain when you hear it. That said, sometimes the most stunning validations come through in the simplest of ways, and when and where you least expect it.

I also think I'd written myself of some of my own experiences with these here, somewhere, long ago, as had some others. Not sure if you can find them easily now though, w/o going through all the past posts under my or other members' names. It's a real chore since the site was revamped.

But best of luck in your potential quest, and please DO let us all know if you get a "reading" with Bicky, who you hired, and how it went for you!

Maylissa (and Nissa & Sabin!)

Just as a test, I just tried the Advanced Search feature (the gear-like button next to the Search box at the top right side of the main page) and typed in the following:

Find Words: Animal communication

Find Author: Maylissa

Find in Forum: Loss of a Pet

Display Results: As a topic list

and 23 topics came up.

If you type in the same information, and ask for Display Results: As Posts, you'll see 27 posts by Maylissa on this topic.

Maylissa,

I started to respond to this and my tablet froze so forgive me if you get a double responce.

It has been an extremely difficult and painful time. Connecting with the spirit world is keeping me going at this moment. Luna is a gift. She was a Marcus girl. She loved playing with him and his girls. Sometimes i don't even want to get up or smile, but because of her i do. I spent quite a while last night looking at the video you posted and the links on it. I got right on their mailing lists! I have been getting signs that Marcus is with me and i hope to continue to. I find great comfort in you "giving me permission"to still grieve and be able to receive signs. I had been worried about that. When we had to put Dover to sleep Marcus had tols me he saw a blur run threw the kitchen on the floor. He believed it was Remmie my other ferret who Dover was close to and we named our business after. She was coming to get Dover. Thank you again for the info. I hope you are well.post-16377-0-51380100-1366924662_thumb.jpost-16377-0-73965200-1366924832_thumb.jpost-16377-0-37247900-1366924875_thumb.j

Dover

Marcus and Remmie

Marcus and Luna

Mark,

I am so sorry for your loss :( it took me a long time to function after i lost Spritie my chinchilla. She was very cat like-sitting in windows and being cuddly on her terms. Independent i would say though i have learned many cats are extremely affectionate and i do have a great fondness for them. She was my little girl. I was devastated when she taken from me. The guilt i still carry today is still very much there. I felt that need to have even 5 more minutes with her-with all my babies. Now having lost Marcus my need is reignited ten folds! I hope you can connect with Bicky. I am jealous. I wish i could afford to go to a meduim. I wish you the best of luck. As Maylissa said-please keep us informed. I'd love to hear how it goes-if you go.

Thanks, Marty, for spelling out for everyone how to find older posts! I know I've found some I'd been looking for specifically another way, but for the life of me, can't remember now how I did it! It was, however, through using the Advanced Search mode. But your way sounds more direct, so more helpful. Mwah!

(for some reason....think it's my currently overloaded laptop....I can't see any "reply" buttons underneath people's posts at present, so am having to just do general replies & let them 'stack' underneath the rest....ah well)

Mark,

If you do try communication with Bicky, please let us know how it goes, okay? I'm afraid when the time comes I lose Arlie, they will have to haul me away, losing my husband felt more than I could bear, but my dog too? That would send me over the edge, surely.

Marty,

I tried looking up stuff in the "archives" I saved last year but the links don't work and it didn't save the content, just tiny snippets. I might as well delete it all.

I'm sorry, Kay, but I'm not sure I understand ~

Are you referring to a Finding Aid that you made for yourself last year, according to the suggestion I made some time ago?

In any event, since we won't be moving our site to a different server, and since we have the latest rendition of Invision Power Board, we now can take advantage of the Advanced Search feature that comes with it. If you can be more specific as to what it is you are searching for, I'll be happy to help. (Did you read my post to Maylissa, above?)

Kristen,

Those pics of your ferret-kids (and your beloved Marcus, I presume?) are sublime, and ever so cute!! Thanks for posting these so-sweet moments. :) I'm also so glad you subscribed to Bob's lists/sites, and I'm sure you'll get much out of both his vids and his newsletter articles. I know I do.....when I have time, that is.

Ah, yes, the guilt.....especially when it comes to the decisions we have to make on behalf of our furred, feathered or scaled babies, there's almost always something we beat ourselves up for. :(

And those "blurs".......yes, I've seen them many a time, and then stand there straining and wishing SO BADLY that I could just rip that false illusion of a veil clear away, so I could see more FULLY and never have to feel at ALL apart from my kidlets ever again! That is of course what stops us from being able to truly see, as in with our physical eyes -- the deep-seated belief that we "can't," or that it's "hard," etc. *sigh*

But I also very much treasure the audible signs I still sometimes get, like hearing my girl jump down onto the countertop, just as she always did from her "hidey-hole" above the fridge, and whose sound I was so blessed to hear so many times after her transition. But because we've since renovated much of the house, including the entire kitchen, when I heard THAT just the other week, I was, to say the least, absolutely THRILLED out of my mind!!! You see, we also changed the countertops from what they were, as well as the fridge, and the type of cupboards above the fridge, so while earthly physics would imply a jump such as this wasn't even possible anymore. And this shouldn't have even sounded the same as it did before, and yet.....it DID....so wink-wink, in the ways of Spirit, anything is possible/do-able!! :D

I've said it here before, but I'll say it again. It's really worthwhile journalling any and all signs you receive. When my grief was fresh and raw, I went through a period where I despaired of even getting any from my girl, especially when her brother's had been so BIG and undeniable. But when they did start coming, well......I've got a massive list now, of all sorts of ADCs, and can't even document all of them anymore, life's become so busy. But I still know there are always LOTS sent & received, and if my life ever settles down again, I'll be back at transcribing them all, since w/o them, I don't know how I'd carry on, either, even today. Also, I'd actually forgotten (horrors!) one of the best ones, so having it down in writing was a god-send.

Maylissa,

Thank you i love those pictures! Yes that is my sweet Marcus. He didn't know much about ferrets, but was great with them. Luna would sleep on him, follow him around, and would get so excited when he chased her. It made me so happy to watch them together. I miss him so much! He left behind a dog too-Sadie. He loved that dog.

The sites are very interesting. I am getting a lot out of them. Do you know anything about wind chimes and the after life? I want to get one made from bamboo and with a red and blue yin yang symbol to honor my tattoo with Marcus. I'm having a hard time finding anything other then white and black yin yangs though. I also believe what Marcus saw and hoping my babies could come threw too. Not threw the wind chimes exactly, but maybe urge them to come? Know anything about that?

It is really hard to stop blaming myself for my chinchillas Spritie and Bella dieing and now my Marcus :(

It's so wonderful that you receive those messages! I know what you mean about no knowing you'd carry on without them. I hope to receive a lot more. That's why i want to do everything i can to encourage animal and human spirits to come threw to me. I'm open to any suggestions if you have any for me :)

Kristen,

(just an fyi: I'm only on here again this morning because I happened to get up stupidly early, not being able to stay asleep. :blink: normally, I'm too overwhelmed with to-do's this year to manage much of any forum time, just so you're aware and not disappointed if I abruptly disappear again for some time, i.e., it's nothing personal! ;) )

I can only imagine how dreadful it must be for you not having Marcus there anymore, and I feel so badly for you. While I at least still have my H, I can highly relate to the intense missing of "what was," including the great joy of hearing and watching one's partner having wonderful playtimes with a furkid. (those chasing games are right up my own alley, too, and ferrets are SO energetic & amusing, much like most catties are, given half a chance) We get regular visits from & have sat for one neighbour's cats, so we're like their "alternate" parents. Lately, our feline gf has begun daily, high-octane playing with us (but mainly me), suddenly much more akin to how our own furkids (and the 3 others mentioned below) always had. So hearing my H and her in a session like this the other evening....sounds that I haven't had the pleasure of hearing for quite some time now.....turned out to be an ambiguous mix of both delight and unanticipated melancholy. :(

Part of these feelings are also wrapped up in the big sorrow I still carry over another treasured feline buddy and his brother (and actually, also their predecessor, belonging to the same negligent, irresponsible & uncaring family; she died [or was conveniently 'euthanized'], at only 1 yr old), (all of) whom we'd been helping care for, had fallen in love with and then tried to adopt (the 2 boys, that is). They refused our offers, then suddenly moved, taking the 2 boys with them, then "gave away" the one I was the closest to, & worse, split the 2 poor brothers up! It's a long, complicated and painful story, but I've sensed this one furboy is actually now dead; his bro I've just seen again at the new location, so I know he's still alive. But the point is, I never even got time to grieve his/their leaving, and also felt compelled to give up a Divinely-orchestrated chance I received to get at least the one I was closest to back, so there's a lot of unresolved stuff mixed in. :unsure: And yet, I/we still feel I was meant to become their mother, somehow, some way.....oh, to be able to see all the why's and wherefores of that Bigger Picture, and what those soul contracts were all about!

I'm so pleased you're getting a lot out of Bob's sites. But I'm sorry, I don't know anything specifically about wind chimes, other than I'd expect Spirit can use those to come through just as well as any other medium. (my Mother came through, for instance, through both light fixtures and a dangling crystal plant ornament, plus others) As to your desired colour for a yin-yang symbol (also associated, for me, with my 2 furkids!), couldn't you just spray paint them w/an interior/exterior paint to get what you want? (yin-yang symbols are classically done in black & white, or "dark & light," to represent those qualities of the Yin & Yang definitions) I actually have an earring & pendant set I bought through the Animal Rescue Site, that's of 2 Yin & Yang cats (also carry dogs/dog & cat, maybe others?), if you might also like something like that, too:

https://theanimalrescuesite.com/store/ars/item/35222/sterling-yin-and-yang-animal-lovers-earrings?source=4-373-24

For urging spirit to come, imo, all one needs is the desire, and it can help to ask them in some way. At first, I often held the intention "in whatever way is best for me," to cover all bases & keep it open. Now that's just a "given" for me, so I don't need to bother focussing on it. Sometimes, when upset, I'd even WAIL out my requests, and then just stay alert & open to whatever means and signs might be forthcoming in the next few minutes, hours, days or weeks. As with your grief, I'd suggest just giving yourself permission to accept that ANYTIME is fine, and will be the "perfect" time for YOU. After you put that request out there, that's when the suggestion to at least create a BIT of "quieter" space in your head, at least at some point & even if only in short moments here & there, might help...but I believe that's NOT so much for them to come through, but mainly for you to NOTICE that they are! But this can also happen in mere seconds, when you're taking a deep, long breath, or just noticing something else/distracted a bit. So it's not like you have to be in some deep, meditative Zen state for any given length of time.

Maybe it mainly depends on the overall state of your spiritual consciousness, though, because for me, I was already pretty intuitive, aligned with, and aware of the metaphysical (because of my animals' teachings) when the bulk of this "took off." On the other paw, my very first experience of an audible visitation took place when I was in my early teens, when my cherished (2nd) budgie chirped his familiar "you're home!" greeting after he'd crossed. But additionally, I've been very connected to animals "forever," so it's also likely a combination of my whole history.

For a good example, though, when Sabin paid me & his sister one of his most powerful visits, my heart was still constantly in searing pain, and I was simply getting ready for bed (that miniscule moment of 'quietER,' or just exhausted by the pain, but still not at all what I'd call "calm"!), when he showed up. In fact, for me, I've noticed that my kids most often send a sign when my heart is feeling really empty & broken, I'm pining for them and longing for them to be with me. Or after some traumatic event, when I'm yearning for the love only they could give me. No special skills or conditions are really needed, imo. If they were, then I'd think people who've actually seen & interacted with even solid-seeming spirit forms of other people's loved ones (both human & nonhuman), whilst doing nothing in particular, wouldn't have such experiences, either. Heck, they didn't even ASK, nor were waiting for anyone to come through, and yet, it happens. (see Scott. S. Smith's book, "The Soul of Your Pet," for such examples)

You might want to also visit the Googenheim's ADC site, to reference the countless ways (and other beings!) Spirit can come through, so you're more aware of them ahead of time.....although, there's also something to be said for being more ignorant (as I initially was), then awesomely surprised, so as not to put any self-imposed limitations into your own head! :P :

http://www.after-death.com/Pages/About/ADC.aspx

I hope this all helps you relax more about it, but even if it doesn't quell your anxiety, try to trust that you'll find the ways that are best for YOU, and that one way or another, and when the timing's best for your own soul's plan, Marcus and/or whomever else, will let you know they're there. :wub: And it may even be through Marcus's Sadie! ^_^

Take tender care,

Maylissa

Maylissa,

I really appreciate you getting back to me being as busy as you are and also letting me know i shouldn't take it personal. You must have sensed that i would think i said something wrong. Maybe you've just been down this road before by being on and off this site. Either way-thank you :)

It has been extremely painful-the combination of loses. Marcus is my world. We were just melding our worlds together. Sadly i can't see Sadie. She is with his girls who i can't see either. All your information has been very helpful.

I'm so sorry about those poor kitties and your heart ache. I'm sure you were meant to be their mom. Life here i believe sometimes screws up what should be :(

Thank you again for all your insight and please stop in and say hi when you get a chance. Let us know how you and your family is doing :)

Maylissa, Cakes01, and Marty

Thanks you so much for your support. Discussing an issue like this friends that truly understand and care is a tremendous comfort.

I definitely will look over this links and various threads dealing with psychics. I will take my time and find one that comes recommended.

And Kay C

I definitely will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks again everyone for your support!