Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Kylie

Leftover

Mary, thank you for your kind words. I do check in on the posts here regularly and have read a lot (by now, most, I think) of the articles linked to, but it is still so hard. I wish I had the same beliefs as many of you here as I think it would help, but this is not something that comes at the flip of a switch. I am comforted by the companionship of the two dogs I have here with me now- Mason and Gracie. It's not the same as having Kylie by my side, but I love them both so very much, each in their own way. Again, thanks.

MANDG.JPG

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am so glad you have the comfort of these wonderful furbabies and thank you for sharing the photos. It all takes time and journaling and sharing...healing is not something that happens quickly. And we are all here for you and with you as you walk the journey. You will miss Kylie forever but in time, with sharing and shedding some tears and walking through the pain instead of around it as many do...healing will begin and the load will lighten. Do keep posting so we know you are here...IF you wish. Whatever your beliefs, and we are all different, you do know that you carry with you always the love you sharing with and for Kylie.

Mary

Adorable dogs! My son and his wife got another dog after they lost Skye, but he's carved his own special place into the family...not a replacement for Skye at all. I'm sure you understand. They do help, but the Skye shaped hole inside my heart will not be filled by another dog. Still, their new Bruno is a very special dog, and joins his sister, Mozzy, and I'm so glad they have the two of them. It looks like you, too, have found a couple of very special dogs to fill your heart and life with, and I'm glad you have them.

• 1 month later...

You will miss Kylie forever but in time, with sharing and shedding some tears and walking through the pain instead of around it as many do...healing will begin and the load will lighten. Do keep posting so we know you are here...IF you wish.

Thanks, Mary. There's no doubt about the walking through pain part. I know nothing will bring Kylie home to me, but I keep hoping the day will come when my heart doesn't break all over again every time I find myself thinking of her. I miss her so.

That day will come. I have experienced many losses in my life and with each one I thought I would never get to a place where I was not in tears 24/7 with gut wrenching pain. That was especially true when my husband Bill died 4 years ago. But with work and sharing and a lot of tears, we do get there. It demands patience...and trust in your own strength.

• 2 weeks later...

Mary- I have never lost a spouse so I'm not qualified to even imagine what that's like. Losing my parents was awfully difficult, even though both were in poor health and it was clear what direction things were going there. That said, I was not even remotely prepared for how losing Kylie would affect me. It has been far harder to handle than I would have ever thought. I think about her every day. My two dogs, Mason and Gracie, are wonderful companions and I am grateful to have them here with me, yet I still miss Kylie terribly and can't help but think that our time together was far too short. I wish, just once more, that I could hold my pretty girl in my arms and tell her again how much I love her. I have been giving Mason and Gracie all the hugs and kisses they can probably stand, but it's not enough sometimes, I'm afraid.

Here are the doggies on our SoCal trip a couple of weeks ago.

sgm.jpg

I do understand...it's been months since I lost my granddoggy, Skye, and I cried over him as recently as yesterday! I don't think I'll ever stop missing him. He was "special" in the true sense of the word...he may not have had a lot going on upstairs, but he was the sweetest most gentle dog I have ever met!

Your dogs are beautiful!post-914-0-69256100-1396360447_thumb.jpgpost-914-0-65165500-1396360449_thumb.jpgpost-914-0-12692100-1396360472_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

One year, three months and one day ago, Kylie and I had to say goodbye. That's one day longer than the time we had together. I would never have expected losing her would have hurt as badly as it has and for as long, but I miss my pretty girl so much more than I can say. Kylie, I love you.

FD.JPG

I think losing a pet is a huge loss that hurts so much. They are with us day and night. They love us unconditionally. They depend on us and we depend on them. I am sorry for your loss. Your picture is just lovely. Mary

Thank you, Mary- Kylie was such a beautiful dog. After all this time, the realization that she's gone is still heartbreaking. I wish we could have had more time together but I guess there never is enough, is there? More than anything, I regret not giving her more hugs and kisses for all the love and devotion she showed me. I miss my friend.

I know, there really is no way to fill that void, is there? When we lose our best friend, it's a loss we have to learn to live with and that's tough. I'm sure you gave her lots of hugs and kisses, all her life, look at her! She's beautiful! And she'll be there when you get to join her at last...that is the thought I most take comfort in when I think of my pets that have passed. I'm sorry it hurts so much, I wish there was something would could say that would help you.

I hear you about the loss of your Kylie. I miss my Benji, a Shipperke/Poodle, that I rescued in Jan. 2013 and one year later I was deeply sadden to lose him to multiple seizures. He found me and I just melted. The way he looked before his haircut just made me smile. He loved the water. I still cannot think about him because the pain is too great. We never forget.

Anne

post-15704-0-74814800-1399945590_thumb.j

post-15704-0-85738300-1399945843_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

It's been a year and a half now, and I still miss Kylie so much it breaks my heart all over again every time I think of her. I wish it didn't hurt so much to be reminded that she's gone and that the memories could start to at least sometimes be happier ones, but not yet, I guess. It seems like a never ending journey.

I love you, my pretty girl- I always will.

car2.jpg

I remember your posting...she is very beautiful and I can imagine how much you miss her. Yes, it does seem to take a very long time...

It was nearly one year ago that we lost Skye...yesterday I watched and listened to a video of him, it still seems so very fresh.

• 5 weeks later...

One year and seven months ago, I lost my beautiful Kylie. Last night, she was in a dream- the first time that's ever happened.

I was coming home from- well, a long trip or something, I don't know. When I got to the front gate, Mason and Gracie ran up to greet me. They were barking and jumping up to say "Hi" and I knelt down to give them hugs and kisses. While I was scratching their ears and rubbing their bellies, I looked up on the porch and Kylie was laying there, contentedly watching us. I didn't go to her, but instead, kept playing with Mason and Gracie. After a while, they settled down and wandered off to sniff in the yard for whatever it is dogs find so interesting. When I looked back to the porch, Kylie had gotten up and and had come down into the yard. She walked over to where I was sitting in the grass, laid down beside me and rested her head in my lap.

And then I woke up.

I didn't think the pain of losing her would ever be so intense after all this time, but it was/is. I miss my pretty girl so much.

I know, sometimes dreams can just drudge it all up and make it fresh. :(

• 4 months later...

She is never forgotten for she continues to live in your heart. I love the paw print you had done and with her name on it! Is that something the vet's office did?

I'm thinking of you tonight...

That is sweet and thoughtful. Funny, they don't do such things with people...I got my husband back in a plain old plastic box that they charged me $75 for...not a nickel's piece of plastic in it! You'd think they could make a brass marker for it with his name, birth and death dates on it, something for that price. It felt so odd, nothing personal about it. At the time I felt, here lies my husband...this piece of plastic, the size of a kleenex box, this is all that is left of this amazing man. I'm glad that those that work with dogs are so humane.