Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Our Pets- Consolers (Four Legged, Two Legged, Fur, Finned)

Karen, I'd love to have you here!

I walk Arlie on bordering grass, we have no sidewalks anyway. You're right, it takes until at least 8 to cool down!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wanted to report that Tatum is doing well following her surgery. It took longer than expected as the vet found that she had completely torn her ACL. Young dogs, like children are much more resilient than we old farts are. She is up and around on 3 legs, but Robert will keep her somewhat sedated for a week or so. There is a regime of PT to follow each day and it will be a trick to keep her fairly quiet for at least 6 weeks. It takes 3 to 6 months for complete recovery. Couldn't find a "baby gate" at Goodwill" to block off the kitchen to keep her out if someone knocks on the back door, but had a big empty TV box. Already have 1 "baby gate" across the stairs. The sad fact is this is a common injury in big dogs and could happen to the other legs. Will worry about that IF it happens. It ended up costing me $1,508.

Karen

Oh Karen! I'm sorry it cos so much! Arlie has never torn his ACL so I hope that is an encouragement to you that maybe this is a one time deal and a fluke at that. It's hard keeping them quiet, easier said than done, but perhaps she'll get the idea, they do seem intuitive on some levels.