Grief Healing Discussion Groups

No ice dispenser but I am very close to solving this. A friend took a huge glass of water and poured it on the floor right in front of the dishwasher. It instantly ran to where this puddle has been...and the floor immediately dried in front of the DW. In addition to that I collected Bentley's urine this morning and believe me it is FAR from clear and odorless :) (as the water on the floor was) but I will take it down to the vet shortly just in case. I think it is time for a new DW and I have no idea how old this one is as it was here when we moved in 4 years ago. I would rather spend money at Bob's Electric on a DW than at the vet on meds for kidney issues as you can well imagine.

Thanks for the idea...however.

Peace,

Mary

Mary, it does indeed sound like you've found the culprit. There must be a low spot in the floor where it keeps ending up. You could put a towel in front of the dishwasher when you run it and if it gets wet, you have your answer. It might just be a hose that needs replaced or something but believe me, troubleshooting dws can be more of a pain than you can imagine, I have ran the gamut with my last one. It was easier to get a new one.

Kay, when I watched the dishwasher...I saw the water come out from underneath it. New dishwasher will be delivered next week and installed. Bentley is healthy. The vet said in order to get him to drink more water add water to his food (he eats Fromm's dry food and a part of a can of Fromm's Gold wet food. I added about 1/2 cup of water to that tonight and he gobbled it up. Also she suggested chicken broth but I have to check sodium on that. This would be an additional 8 oz a day...and of course, make sure the water bowl is full at all times and put 3-4 water bowls in various places in the house...I have to look at that but worth a try, I guess. Not sure. I may increase the water added to his food. 1/2 cup was good but I could probably double that...have to see. He is now groomed, handsome in his bright yellow and lime green scarf and I am one tired cookie so I skipped Tea 101 class and am putting my feet up. Thanks for all your help.

Mary

Usually when I add water to Arlie's dry food, he ignores it all. :(

I think if you add some canned food it turns the water to gravy...try one can but only put half of it in.