Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Spam On Our Site

MartyT

Dear Ones,

It has been brought to my attention this morning that some of you have received (either via email or Personal Message) an inapprorpiate message from someone with the User Name "oflove." This "member" was validated by me early this morning based on false information she provided in our registration process. Since hearing from some of our members about this unacceptable behavior, however, I have removed this person from our membership list, and banned her from our site.

If you receive any email or PM from a person identifying herself either as "oflove" or as Mrs. Justina Amicha, please ignore it and delete it.

I apologize for any concern or inconvenience this has caused.

This makes me wonder if the site was hacked. I did not see that post but the timing is interesting...this "member" with false info ( I think that is correct) and the lost of posts. Both a first in all the time I have been around.

Mary

The incidents are not related, Mary. This latest incident happened because I made the mistake of validating a member who presented herself with false information. She never should have been admitted to the site. As soon as our members notified me that something was amiss, I removed her as a member, and banned her from the site. Usually I can "spot" someone who wants to use our site for inappropriate reasons, but this one got past me. In the ten years our site has been online, this has happened very, very rarely. Since our members are so vigilant, I'm usually made aware of such security breaches almost immediately, which enables me to take care of them quickly.

The lost posts remain a mystery . . .

Thank you for keeping us safe, Marty. I know of no other site (and unfortunately) not that many therapists that take care of their people with such diligence and constancy.