Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Been Very Sick

ShanN

I was in the hospital from late Saturday until late yesterday. Finally got the infection I had under control... Fever is nothing now. Also was in great pain which is a side effect of chemo... But am on some knock out meds now. Just woke up... Had to pee like a race horse... LOL.

Dear Shannon, I hope you got back to sleep and got a few good solid hours in. I know that it is difficult to sleep while in a hospital. Glad your fever is gone and the infection is under control and that you have some time now before you go for another chemo treatment. I am sure you have to be just worn out and if you are...listen to that and just put your feet up and watch old movies or something....or sleep. We are with you. I think of you and pray for you. Mary

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marty, I listened to the link you shared with Shannon and sent it to my friend whose sister was murdered last year. I am sure it will be helpful for she and her husband. Mary

Dear Shannon,

Thank you for the good news that the infection is under control. I am glad you are able to sleep. The pain from chemo can make sleeping difficult. Doug would just take a series of cat naps on the sofas.

I am glad that your pain meds are being adjusted, and that should help you to be able to sleep and rest, both of which help with the healing.

I, too, will be holding you in my heart and prayers these days dear Shannon. And I like your new avatar: Stay Calm and Never Give Up. Good one! Only you, dear heart, in the midst of all that is happening, would think to stop and send a note to all of us to let us know how things are going. And at 4 AM.

I hope you are sleeping more and more, and that the oncologists get the "magic recipe" adjusted so that it is just right for you. You are doing so well, and I will be watching here for more news, but meanwhile, I am sending hugs and prayers your way.

I hold you in my heart, and hope you have some of your furry friends with you.

Much Love,

*<twinkles>*

fae

Shannon, thank you for giving us an update, that was a good report!

Marty, you always come up with just the right thing for all of us. I'm sure that will be of help to Shannon.

Ok... When it rains, it pours. Actually, when it pours... It floods!

I had an 8am dr appointment. My SIL took me. We were waiting at a red light. By the hospital. And some fool apparently was sleeping or something! Rear ended us... My car! My "baby". :(

Took out my whole trunk! Well spent three hours in the ER. How my SIL did not suffer any effects is beyond me. Because I have horrible whip lash and my back is hurting so badly. I already have major disc issues... And degenerative disc disease. But this pain is horrible. Going up and down my back... And down my entire right leg pain, tingling... To my foot.

I'm very shaken up. I didn't need this right now.

Got an MRI of my back. No more disc injury than I already had. Just a lot of effect from impact. So just got home. Am having some soup. And SIL is picking up pain meds.

Will be aching for a while. But those hospital bills and getting my poor car fixed that persons insurance will pay.

Uuuugghhhh. :(

Oh Shannon, I'm so sorry! No you did NOT need this, your plate was already more than full. I hope the pain subsides and the medicine helps.

I was rear-ended last Thursday...my hope is that you get an insurance company that is as good as the one I've had to deal with. It is a hassle at best. I've taken hours and hours off work (which I've had to make up) to file report with DMV and talk to insurance adjusters, deal with Enterprise, etc. They gave me a car that gets less than half the mileage my car does, so I'm fighting to get an economy car, which I asked for in the first place.

They will fix your car, they should provide another one while the work is being done, I'm glad your SIL wasn't hurt, I just hope your pain goes away quickly or they can do something to help you. You're still in my prayers and I will be praying extra for you on Mother's Day, I know your thoughts are never away from your mom.

I'm sorry you were hit too. :(

My body is in a lot of pain from the accident as well as just not feeling well.

Shannon, I hope you feel a bit better today and can distract yourself a bit from the pain of your body and of your life. Try to rest, get your fluids and nutritious food. I think you have one more week before you do more chemo and hope you feel better by that time and that the next round does not make you feel sick. I know this Sunday is a tough day for you and I will carry you in my heart.

Peace to your heart

Dear Shannon,

We are all holding you close in our hearts dear one.

I second all of Mary's good advice.

Rest and heal.

Much Love {{{hugs}}} and

*<twinkles>*

fae

Thinking of you Shannon. My accident was nothing compared to yours, I'm okay, cars can be fixed. I hope you continue getting better!

• 4 weeks later...

:( Very quickly wondering what in the heck is going on? I lost my dad suddenly in the hospice on April 11, 2013. Went back to cemetary for the first time on Memorial Day. I have been battling with COPD and Chairi 1 Malformation and more for several years. The two mentioned are uncurable. They flared up big time while I was watching my dad die over the three day period. Got so bad that my mom was worried that I might end up in the emergency room. They have been going over time since and it is putting my job and future in Jeopardy. I am not thinking 24 7 about my dad these days like I did at the start. So am wondering is it possible that the body is reacting to dad's sudden death and the fact that I have never seen anyone die before? Have also never been to a funeral sober before. Just thought I would throw it out there and see where it goes. Feel like I am in the middle of a big storm and don't know which way to send the boat. Am not looking forward to Father's Day. Thanks for your feedback. Now back to work and praying for a miracle.

Of course something of this magnitude can affect your health. You and I both aren't looking forward to Father's Day...that's the day my husband died.

Hoping it continues to get a bit easier for you, hang in there and keep going to AA. Is there someone from there that could go with you when you feel you need to go to the cemetery?