Grief Healing Discussion Groups

So....here's My Story

Kristen, my dear, we all hear your cries, and I hope you will contact your therapist and ask for a referral to an in-person grief support group. This is way too hard for you to be doing it all alone. Virtual hugs are wonderful (and Anne, I just love the one you sent, special delivery) but clearly Kristen, you are in need of more than what we can offer you here, online. That is not to say that we want you to leave ~ quite the contrary! But I strongly encourage you to find the additional support that you need and deserve. Most communities offer some sort of in-person grief support, often at no cost. Please read this for some suggestions on how to find it: Finding Grief Support That Is Right For You

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anne

Thank you so much for the hug and cute puppy picture. They made me smile :)

Kristen,

Marty is right. Seek out and find the closest group to you, even if you have to travel a bit. I know that being here on this site has helped me so much but you need, , you have, to use all the tools available to you to survive. I did it myself and I found that being in a live group of people all sharing their loss made me feel better. I can't explain why but it just does. It also doesn't hurt to get real hugs from living caring souls. You belong to a very special club. It sadly isn't the one any of us wanted to join, but as kathy would have said, "it is what it is". By the way, when I reached the two month mark,, that was when I really came unglued. I think you might be there yourself.

Kristen,

Can you consider taking a job somewhere where you can have a fresh start, somewhere where people will give you a chance, and get to know you? You are too outgoing to be cooped up alone! It seems a veterinary's office would be great for you! (I've always wished I could work for one).

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to work in a vet's office. It takes a lot of schooling though. I've looked into it many times. Right now i feel too broken to do much other then the few visits i have. Thanks for the idea though. It would be very like me :)