Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Update On Anne

Dear Mary,

Thank you so much for the updates. I am glad Anne is home in her own familiar space, and that there are arrangements for meals and Benji.

And the news sounds pretty good, too.

Thank you,

*<twinkles>*

fae

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am awake after sleeping for almost nine hours. :) I think whatever they give you in a operating room should be available to all grievers on those nights we find sleep impossible. One of my nurses asked me what kind of a cocktail I liked and I told her to just 'snow' me. Morphine does have its place!

Thank you, Mary, for being my spokesman through this leg of my journey with this heart failure. You did well. I relieve you of this responsibility now.

Modern medicine is something. It's amazing what they can do today. A week ago I would never have thought that I would let anyone go into my heart and perform any kind of procedure but it is done and I am here. My health troubles are not over but we now know there are no narrowing of blood vessels in the heart that required stents. This procedure was done to see if that was what's causing my high blood pressure. In a few days my cardiac doctor and I will discuss whether I should have what they call a cardiac ablation to lower my heart rate. I would like to tell him that I think we should continue the medicine route first.

Enough about me. I would like to thank you for the outpouring of love and care you have shown. I am grateful. It is the loneliest feeling in the world to have to go through any illness without your partner who has been with you for so so long. I feel like my grieving has been put on a back burner for awhile and this is not a good or welcome feeling for me. I still have work to do and I want to continue with my grieving - boy, I'd never thought I'd say something like that but those here know what I mean.

Again, thank you for prayers, thoughts, concerns, and love. I felt/feel all of it coming from this 'sacred' place.

Benji will be back home in a few hours. I miss him. He will be groomed this morning, play for awhile, and a family member will go pick him up. I got a call yesterday while I was in the hospital telling me that Benji had made many friends and the staff was just in love with him. He is mine. :wub: Anne

SO good to hear from you directly, dear Anne ~ and I know both you and Benji will be over the moon when you see each other again today. Keep resting, regain your strength, and give Benji extra hugs from all of us

So great to hear you are at home and resting Ann. Always remember you are never truly alone. He is with you and so is the tribe. Benji hugs are the best medicine today.

Dear Anne,

Good to have you back, both here and elsewhere. Benji will be delighted.

My father has been through multiple heart procedures. He always went the drug route first but went with the surgery when that became the best option. He is 84 and still very much a going concern. I think he plans to live forever if he can pull it off. And he may. He keeps riding the edge of the medical knowledge wave. With the facilities they have in Phoenix you may be able to ride it, too.

Be well. Don't overdo, especially as you recover from this piece of it. We'd all prefer you hung around with us for a very long time.

Peace,

Harry

Good to see you up and about, Anne. Remember your body has been assaulted with refined and delicately honed weapons...and it needs rest even if you do not :) I am relieved on your account and I officially take myself off duty. Mary

Anne,

So glad you are home and have your Benji and they didn't have to do a stint! They will get to the bottom of what's causing the rate to be high and they will take care of it. So glad you had someone there for you yesterday!

Anne, wonderful news that you are home and did not require stints. Sounds like everyone is right on track about getting you healthier. I know you are glad to have Benji home. I had not been on computer for couple of days...so was behind on everything. Praying for continued improvement!!

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

My heart overflows with gratitude for all your love and concern. It is time to close this thread now. May you all feel the warmth of our 'fire' as it burns gently around each one of us. Our 'tribe' is in tact now that fae has completed her travels back to Montana from Alaska. And as our leader, Marty, takes a well deserved time off soon we do indeed assure her that we will take very good care of one another and not be too hard on those kind enough to join us here in her absence. I only hope that she has prepared them for a wild and crazy adventure. Seriously, Marty, we promise to be ourselves!!! :blush: