Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The Fight Of My Life, Without Him.

Dear Mary,

Thank you for coming here to let us know how things are going. I can only echo what others have said: we hold you all in prayer and in our hearts as you gather around Shannon to take this next step.

Blessings and Much Love,

fae

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mary,

We appreciate the updates...how is she holding out? Has she gotten the bone marrow yet?

No marrow yet. Still several chemo and radiation treatments.

She is holding up ok. Being in the hospital she is getting better anti sick meds, and they do tests several times a day to keep up with her counts.

I think she honestly does not want to be home even if she could be, because she seems to be going through some denial and shock over Leo's passing.

Day by day.

Thank you, Mary. I would imagine that being in the hospital is a huge distraction from her loss and going home is going to make it all real...that coupled with the fact that we are in a fog anyway after a loss... I would probably not call it denial. I assume she knows he has died...but the reality is hard to get her head around. It is for all of us especially early on. Eventually we get it and let it all in. Thank you for the update.

Give her our love,

Mary

It's just that at home it would slap her in the face left and right as there's a million reminders of how empty the house is now.

Dear Mary SIL,

Please give Shannon my love and our love, and keep some for yourself.

Blessings, dear heart.

fae

Dear Kay,

You are wonderfully insightful.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Sending special greetings to Shannon. Hi Mary, please let Shannon know that we are thinking of her and praying for all of you.

kisses from puppies, a basket of flowers to cheer you, and signs from your Leo Anne

post-15704-0-28840200-1373226321_thumb.j

post-15704-0-79519000-1373226356_thumb.j

post-15704-0-89755300-1373226378_thumb.j

It's just that at home it would slap her in the face left and right as there's a million reminders of how empty the house is now.

Agreed, Kay, hence her perhaps desire not to go there right now with so much going on for her.

Stopping by to let you know, Shannon, that we have you in our thoughts. I hope that all is going as well as can be expected with your chemo and that the stem cell transfer will be what everyone is expecting - a great big huge success. I am praying and I know all of us here around our 'fire' are holding you as you go through this tough time. You are in our hearts.

Thank you, Mary, for keeping us updated when you can. Please know that you and the family are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Anne

Dear Mary and Shannon,

We are all holding you in prayer, and sending lots of love and good thoughts your way.

The bone marrow transplant is such a remarkable procedure. I have read only good things about it as I did a bit of research.

With all good wishes, lots of love, and of course, huge tossings of loving *<fairy dust>*

I am holding you in my heart, dear one.

fae

It has been a while...praying you are getting through this, one day at a time, pouring all of your energy into healing both body and soul...we're here whenever you come back.

Shannon had several seizures Monday. She had several scans and it shows a tumor in her brain. She is receiving high dose chemo in her port, but also into her cerebrospinal fluid to shrink the tumor in the brain. All the medication is taking a huge toll with nausea, fatigue, a lot of pain, and today a fever. No one is visiting her because of the very dangerous threat of any germ causing infection. That can be detrimental. Chemo will be over Monday. We'll all praying she gets through this and then receives Mark's stem cells shortly thereafter . It's a day to day process. Radiation will end next week as well.

Thank you all for your continued messages.

SIL Mary

Oh, Mary, this is so so difficult and my heart goes out to her and to you and your family. How I wish she could be free of all these drugs and tests and such. Tell her we love her and we hold her in the light and send our thoughts and prayers to all of you. I know this is so hard for you also and you have been so faithful to her. Peace, Mary

This is definitely not the news we want to hear, dear Mary. Shannon and your family are in my prayers. I am so sorry that she is in pain. I wish that were not so. Please let Shannon know that we have our arms around her. We are walking with her day by day.

Anne

Thank you for letting us know, Mary. It is unreal to me that any one person can go through so much! I'm sure it must seem unreal to her as well. I can only imagine how she must feel. I will keep praying. I know several people who have had brain tumors and lived through it without lasting side effects so I am praying that be the case for her. I'm glad the radiation will be over, and hopefully the nausea will abate as well.

We continue to surround you all with our prayers. It must be difficult to properly grieve Leo when life continues to have so much thrown at you. :(

Kay

Dear Mary,

Thank you for keeping us updated. I am sorry the news is not better, and I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you and Shannon and Leo's whole family. We are all here, watching and waiting for news of the bone marrow transplant, and all hoping that dear Shannon will have some good news to hold in her heart soon.

I know that you are waiting for good news as well, and we are keeping you and Shannon, and your famly, inour prayers.

Much Love,

fae

Dear Shannon and SIL Mary,

We are all holding you in prayer and in our hearts, as this week of great possibilities begins. Our love and good wishes are with you.

I pray you will come through this with good results and a wonderful prognosis, dear Shannon.

I hope you feel out love all around you now and always.

Much Love, Blessings, and lots of

*<twinkles>*

fae

Hi all,

Shannon is done with chemo. She's had some very serious effects but she has a few days to recover. They will be doing the stem cell transplant in a few days. Then we wait. And pray.

Hubby and I are off to bed as it is passed 1am here.

God Bless.

Mary,

I'm so glad she's done with chemo, it's not a picnic. Please continue to keep us posted as she has the stem cell transplant...

Dear Mary, Thank you for keeping us informed. This is such an horrific path for Shannon and all of you. We pray for all of you.

Mary

Mary, thank you from me also for keeping us informed. My husband had a stem cell transplant, and I know how anxious this time is. There is so much preparation leading up to the actual infusion of the cells, so much hope, so much appreciation for the gift from the donor, all followed by anxious waiting and watching for the donation to set up residence in the new home. Were we were, they called it a second birthday, and I know that at my house we celebrated that birthday every year. I know that there can be come very scary side effects that show up during this whole process. I share, because I think it would have been helpful for me, that with the high dose chemo, it is possible that later, Shannaon may just not remember much about this time. My husband later said that he knew that I had been with him, and he said he remembered being glad when I was there, but when I asked about the difficult parts (and actually the several days prior to the transplant itself) he and other post transplant patients all said something along the lines of Oh yea, they tell me it was really bad but I really don't recall it. I was glad that the difficult periods were not remembered.

A reminder as you are watching and caring for Shannon to take time to be good to yourslves as well. As I said before, there is so much pressure and stress at this time - but there are also times ahead where Shannon will need your support, so try to replenish your body and soul when you can.

Again my best wishes are with you all.

Sue

A great post, Sue...very helpful.

Bless you all for your kindness.

Shannon will be getting her brother's bone marrow tomorrow morning. I visited with her this evening all suited up in yellow suit and mask. We actually laughed our butts off at how ridiculous I looked. :)

Will keep you all informed on progress.

Goodnight.

Mary