Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Eyes - Mary's, Queen Mary's, Kay's And Anyone Else Here...

I celebrate this great news with you. Your readings are almost identical to mine so I can relate....good for you and enjoy your trips.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is wonderful news, Mary! I would be delighted with those results! I don't see well with my left eye even with glasses, so I can understand your comment about the road signs. I hope to go to the eye doctor again this year and try once more. Perhaps if I could get my blood sugar under better control it would help, but Metformin doesn't seem to be doing it.

I love how you have fun with life, I hope you have a great time at the hot springs! I have one here, it's a few miles up the highway so about a 45 min. drive from here.

We had a good time in Hot Springs, Arkansas staying at my brothers. We went to the races on Saturday, over all through 9 races I only lost 6 dollars, so that is a good day! My friend Tom took us all out to celebrate my brothers 66 birthday which is coming up this week. We went to a German restaurant, and they had a polka band (2 people), it was great fun, and they sang happy birthday to my brother! My brother and sis in law gave me a table and 4 chairs that they do not have room for since they have moved to Hot Springs. It is really nice, and Tom and I were able, by taking off legs, to bring it and the chairs home, love it.

Kay, I have never gone to the hot springs baths there, but think I will try that someday.

post-13798-0-22995100-1390234197_thumb.j

Oh my, QMary, that dinette set is GORGEOUS! I have to keep a tablecloth on mine because the finish is wrecked. I'd refinish it but Arlie chewed the legs on two of the chairs when he was a puppy so it's really not worth it. Someday perhaps I'll get another set, it wasn't worth much anyway. I love the color the the wood in your set, what kind is it?

Kay, not sure of the wood, I think it is stained oak. My sister in law is coming this weekend, and I was going to ask her for sure. I am so thrilled to have it. My former table (which I am donating to a shelter) was bought about 35 years ago at a garage sale! The top needed refinishing for several years, so I always kept a table cloth on it. I love the new set, there is also a leaf to make it even bigger. The seats are big, and have attached padded white cushions. My sil scotch garded them, but with my animals, just wonder how long that white will hold out! lol :wacko: I am saving some of my dining chars that I had, so that I will be able to seat 8 if I need to. The rest are going up to Tom retreat on the mountain for extra seating.
Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

That's a great idea! I should look on Craig's list sometime for a new set, but not sure how I'd get rid of the old set. If someone was handy, two of the chairs that have chewed legs could be combined, it'd require using one as parts for the other...I'm not very handy with stuff like that. The chairs are in great condition otherwise.