Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Message From Shan!

HI EVERYONE. SHAN TYPED THIS MESSAGE FOR ALL OF YOU A COUPLE HRS AGO BUT WITH LOUSY INTERNET WAS UNABLE TO SEND IT, SO I AM SENDING FOR HER. -Mary (SIL)

Hi. I've missed you all! Dr allowed me my iPad (de-germed of course!) in isolation to write to you all. Though I'm not getting enough Internet signal here in this part of the hospital so Mary will send this later.

I had my brother's bone marrow cells infused to me last Thursday. God bless him. I've not seen him only once because he has my two nephews with him and they are both sick so no carrying germs to me. I had a few days with severe mouth sores but they are starting to let up. I've had two blood transfusions since the 18th. I'm on yucky antibiotics... But in IV form so they aren't making me too sick. Having a good amount of nausea but getting Zofran regularly. And a lot of bad pain but the morphine drip is helping some and helping me sleep four hours or so at a time. I'm praying and praying the healthy stem cells start taking up a healthy home in my system and growing from there to recovery. But I'm told it will be several weeks more before we know.

I am out of it a lot. I guess a blessing. But I hate this hospital and isolation and pain etc... And I have dreams of my Leo bear vividly being here but then wake and he is not. :( I miss him more than I think even I know right now because I'm so medicated. Sometimes I just wish I would not make this battle so I could be with him. But that's not my decision to make. I'm sad. And I'm really kind of numb still. It will be two months next week. Still can't wrap myself around it.

Thank you my dears for all of your thoughts prayers and well wishes. Mary has read most everything to me.

I just wanted to write something while I had a little energy. I'm wiped out and need to go back to sleep.

Love and hugs.

XO :wub:

Shannon

Shannon, my dear, you are so brave ~ and so thoughtful! Thank you for mustering the energy to write such a lovely note to us. Now please just rest, and know that we are holding you in our hearts and in our prayers

Oh dear Shannon, we've been wondering about you, praying for you...I know this is the hardest battle you've ever fought...both for Leo and now for yourself. You are an inspiration to us all, we have nothing to complain about, whatever we go through is a drop in the bucket compared to what you've had. We want to hold your hand and see you through this, so thankful Mary is with you. And I believe that was Leo showing himself to you through your dream, he's watching over you and holding you through this. Keep fighting the fight dear girl!

It is so good to hear from you, Dhannon. Your SIL, Mary, has been so good at keeping us updated. Prayers are continuing for you and your brave brother. You know your dear Leo is with you through all of this. I know it's not like you'd like it to be, but he is with you.

Continue to heal and get your rest. Sending you hugs. Anne

Shannon, so glad to hear from you directly. I pray for you every day. I do hope all this works and I do understand your occasional wishes not to make it and totally respect your knowing it is not your decision. Peace to you, Mary

Shannon,

Great to hear your own "voice" again. Mary did well, but hearing from you directly says you must be feeling--and getting--better. Be well. You are in all of our minds and hearts.

Peace,

Harry

Shannon, you amazing woman! It is so wonderful to hear from you!

We area all praying that the stem cells decide to do happy dances in your body, and that you will have a bit of relief from the leaving of Leo.

I am holding you so close in my heart, dear one, and thinking of you every day, as I send up my best prayers for you. I hope you have something soft and warm to snuggle, and that the lights are not so bright as to inhibit sleep. If so, tell them to turn the darned things off! :) {{{hugs}}} Or give you a nice set of eye shades, preferably the kind with eyelashes painted on the cover. :)

I am sending lots and lots of love, and *<twinkles>* to you this day, and every day, dear heart.

And here are a whole bunch of of {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} and

*<twinkles>*

Be well soon.

fae

Shannon,

I ad my best hopes and prayers to you as well. And, Leo is with you. I know this. I hope when you can read the messages here that you feel the love from so many that care.

Stephen

Shannon, great to hear directly from you. You are in my prayers. Your sister in law Mary has been great keeping us updated, and we all appreciate that very much.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas