Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Sweet Granddoggy, Skye

kayc

I saw a picture of a wolf sleeping today and it looked so much like my Skyedoggers, I can't stop crying. I will always miss that dog! I can't stop the tears flowing. I've lost dogs of my own that didn't affect me as hard as this! He was just so special. I want to hold him one more time, want to see him beg, want to lay down on the floor with him and stroke his ears. He loved his grandma, as much as she loved him. :( I just miss him, I want him back!

• 4 months later...

It's midnight and I'm crying, missing my Skye. What I wouldn't give to have one more moment with him! I'd gladly let him have all my ribbons and yarn and chew up my carpet or make a mud mess in my shed, if only I could just have him back a little longer. I miss his happy happy look, his soft gentle eyes, or the way he strutted side to side after his neur. problems started. In the end we had to tote him around in a little red wagon, but he was so happy, just to go for a walk. There will never be another Skye.

Skye, your grandma misses you so much.

Kay, I do understand how that wave of grief for Skye can return. Every once in a while I miss our Buffy who died 14 years ago and all of a sudden that pain returns. It has not been that long since Skye died and I am just reaching out to you in your pain.

I am so sorry that you had a hard night, Kay. I do understand. :( I miss that 'unconditional love' that I too had a chance to experience. I like re-reading your stories. They give me another source of comfort just reading them.

I wish you a sunshine day today.

I know you understand. I suppose I shouldn't be lamenting when here you lost Benji such a short time ago and he was your dog, not a granddog, but I guess time or ownership doesn't factor in when you have a strong relationship and miss them, does it. I just know there'll never be another Skye, and I know you miss your Benji too. I about died when I lost Fluffy, and that was probably 17 years ago, I will always miss and love him but time healed the wounds pretty good. It just takes so darn long! I miss Teddy and Lucky too. And cats, my King George, Autumn, midnight, Taffy, Chappy, Tigger. It's funny how even cats can worm their way into your heart! Some of our pets we're closer to than others, and we forever miss them.

You are so right, dear Kay. Time and ownership mean nothing when it comes to losing our beloved pets. I still get an ache in my heart when I think of the first dog I remember as a child. His name was boots ~ all black with white feet and a white spot on his head.

I believe that anyone who has a warm heart for any animal has a great capacity to love. I see the love you have for others, Kay.

I am having a wonderful time visiting with my grandchildren. Such love I've been surrounded with these last days. The weather here in IL has been perfect ~ warm and sunny. How lucky for me.

Oh, Marty, you are already there....you have a dog heart-generous and loving as a dog's.

You're not kidding! Thank you for sharing that, I think it's true. :wub:

• 4 months later...

One year ago today the sweetest dog that ever was passed away, my granddoggy, Skye.

I remember when my son brought him home...my Lucky girl was scared of Skye. He looked so princely, so gorgeous! In time, Skye and Lucky grew like brother and sister. I remember walking them and going by a house where three dogs always barked and terrified Lucky. One day it finally dawned on her, "I am not alone! I have Skye on my side!" and cowardly little Lucky went up to the fence and barked bravely at the other dogs, and turned around and looked at Skye as if to say, "It's me and you, huh Skye!" :)

I have so many memories of Skye. Once when my son was living across town with Skye, he was planning on installing a hot water tank for me that day but Skye got loose and took off. Paul looked and looked for him and finally thought, "I've got to get this done, he'll show up eventually" and he drove up to my house, several miles away. When he got there he saw that Skye beat him there! :D Skye knew where his grandma lived! Another time he got loose and went to his grandpa's house...he knew his grandpa always had treats in his garage for him when he was out there woodworking.

I remember lovesick Skye...when Paul was working in NY and I had Skye over the summer, he fell in love with a beautiful girl dog down the street named Molly. Skye was tied up in the yard while I was at work and Molly would back up to him, just out of his reach and torment him. You could hear the lovesick howls far down the street! One neighbor called and said there was a wounded wolf in my back yard.

I remember when Skye was young and would twirl around in the air, he was the most beautiful dog that ever was! But mostly I remember his gentle eyes...those eyes got to me, they melted my heart. I've never seen another dog with eyes like his. This completely guileless sweet dog. Heaven definitely gained the day he entered.

{{{HUGS}}} to you today, Kay, as you remember and celebrate the life of Skye. Your tribute is heartfelt and lovely, so warm and caring.

Thank you for sharing the memories with us.

fae

Heartwarming memories, dear Kay, beautifully described. You are in our thoughts and prayers today ~ and I know that Skye is showing Faith the ropes over there, across the Rainbow Bridge, along with all our other dogs who've gone before them.

He was as special, if not more, than any dog I've ever had. He is why I got Arlie. I knew my son would leave someday and take Skye with him and I needed a dog of my own that would stay with me.

Kay, thinking of you today as your honor Skye. I was just thinking how so many here have lost pets who now reside at Rainbow Bridge waiting for us...it is sort of a Grief Healing Pet Forum over there as the ties they have to each of us tie them together also. Skye and all our pets will be waiting for us. I just know that is true.

• 5 years later...

It's been six years since you've left, sweet Skye.  Now Arlie is buried next to you.  If one more person tries to tell me dogs don't go to heaven, I swear I won't be responsible for what I do.  You doggies will make it in before people do!  I love you little boy, I'm sorry it was so rough for you at the end, you deserved the best, you and Arlie both.  I hope you're together and you're no longer crippled, you're young again and enjoying playing with each other.  I can't wait to see you again!

Skye happy happy.jpg

Skye happy.jpg