Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Mom Just Died

My mom died at 85 June 6 2013. I lived with her to take care of her. she had altimers she went to fast.i lived with her over 12 years to help her. she was my mom, my friend and teacher. I miss her so much.i woke up at 3.30 am crying, I cry everyday and want to be with her. 3 days later my brother died. me and my mom were so close. I can't live without her.i have to deal with it alone.my brothers out here don't call or come over, they have never cared about me. I call them they never call back. she was a wonderful women . I know she is in heaven. I feel I have no one. I am still in the house we shared just to many memories so I am looking for new place. some times I can't do anything, or I don't feel like eating. I really want her back. sometimes I think I see her or hear her.

I am sorry for your loss. Let me tell you i lost MOM a year ago, and I still think of her, miss her a lot. I do still cry over her somtimes, the only person that cares a lot for me is a real good friend of mine, she has been there through the hard times in my life. Also I have a pet , that helps a lot, takes the loneliness away. Again I am very sorry for your loss.

I just finished reading this post and I want to tell you how very sorry I am that both you and Katrina have lost your mothers. It is such a significant loss when we lose a parent.

How wonderful of you to care for your mother during her illness. It takes a very special person to care for a parent. I know how very hard this is for you but it will get easier for you. This grief of yours is way too raw for you not to feel deep pain. This is a good place for you to come and express your feelings. We listen with an open heart.

What a double tragedy for you to also lose your brother. I am so sorry for this loss.

You have many things that you are dealing with right now. Do you have access to a grief counselor? They can help you sort out all the feelings you are experiencing. It is very important that you take care of yourself. Anne

I am so sorry for both of your losses. Wow, to lose your mom and your brother at the same time, that's really tough. My mom has Dementia now, stage 2, it's tough. You're an amazing person to take care of her all that time. We're here to listen if you want to share your feelings.

Thank you all for your replys I am so glad to find this site as the family out here left has not helped me they haven't even called since she died or my brother who died to. and being in the same house does not help which is why I am looking for a new place. way to many memories. the counselors are way to far for me cause I don't drive somedays I just want to be with her she said 6 times she wanted me to go with her when she goes to heaven I promised I would but I did not but there are times I feel like it.Thank you for being there for me.

Dear one, I notice that your mom died on Hospice of the Valley's service. This means that, in addition to the information, comfort and support I know that you will continue to find here, you are eligible to receive all the other services that our Bereavement Department has to offer. You said "the counselors are way too far for me cause I don't drive," but be aware that one of our Bereavement Counselors can arrange to come to you and meet with you individually in your own home, if you like. Click on Hospice of the Valley Grief Support for more information. See also some of the resources you'll find on these web pages:

Death of a Parent

Death of a Sibling

Given the feelings you describe of wanting so badly to be with your mom in Heaven, you might also find this article to be helpful: Thoughts of Suicide in Grief

• 1 month later...

gta8ball,

Can you not get some time off? I was only off two weeks when my husband died, I had to go back to work, but the grieving continued...evening after evening, and weekends were the hardest. Tears can be releasing...