Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Didnt Get To Say Goodbye To Brother

My older brother died three days after my mom died. he always had headaches,never would go to drs for it. well he went to work had a bad headache and collapse and they pernounced him brain dead. there were lots of blood in the brain they did not know what he died from. it was in the back that controls everything. he never woke up. he did lots for me, he was the only brother that really cared for me. I miss him so much.and I never got to say goodbye to him cause he never woke up.

I'm so sorry. Were you able to see him while he was unconscious? I ask, because my sister was in a coma 4 1/2 months, she said she could hear, just couldn't respond (she had brain injury from a car accident). It's okay to talk to him now, who knows but what they can hear us. My husband died eight years ago and I still talk to him, I figure what can it hurt? I write him letters too, and I don't think I'm alone in this. Tell him what he means to you and how you wanted to be able to say goodbye.

Than you kaye, my older brother told me if I talk to him or my mom they wont go to heaven that I am holding them back. so thank you for what you said. this is a good site. he was unconscious never woke up.completly brain dead. thank you very much. he died also a three weeks before his birthday.

Well I've never heard of such a thing, and I've been a Christian and attended church all my life! It's between God and us, our going to heaven, and your talking to him wouldn't prevent or make something happen either way! I'm glad you got the time with him to at least express yourself to him. Try not to worry unduly about things others say, sometimes in their own pain they aren't thinking too clearly.

(((hugs))

Kay