Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hi I am doing better. I remember so little of the past weeks. And that is bugging me :(

I'm in a different room, less isolation. I'm feeling stronger. Eating little. Drinking a lot. No more IV. It's still in but no fluids. Taking meds orally now. Going poop on my own! I never thought I would be so thrilled to just go poop! Lol! ;)

I'm getting fuzzy hair back. I'm still in pain. But it's normal right now

My Leo is gone. Three months this week. It is still not really registering g with me. I am remembering more of his death. Mary and I keep talking about it. I keep asking her things. :(

Did I mention how much I love u all? I know how much u have prayed for me. How can I ever repay that?

Going to post this now. I need to get a nap.

I changed my profil picture to one from last summer when Leo was in a rehabilitation after seizure activity that left him not able to stand or walk for a while. I never liked him without his goatee and he never liked him with it because it showed white and he felt older. I loved it he looked sexy and sophisticated.

I miss my boo :(

Shannon, my dear, how good it is to hear from you directly! There is no debt to be repaid here, I assure you. You are worthy of all the love and prayers and healing thoughts that have been sent your way, and we are just as grateful as you are.

Oh, Dear Shannon,

It is so very good to hear from you personally. Mary has done a good job of keeping us all up to date, and knowing she was there to love and care for you really helped a lot when we could not be there, and having her keep us up to date while you were working hard to begin recovery was a blessing.

Congratulations on all the progress, dear Shannon. This is a very rough time for you, with so many medical challenges on top of losing Leo. I am so very happy to hear from you again.

Much Love, Blessings, and

*<twinkles>*

fae

What an absolutely wonderful post to wake up to, Shannon. This has truly made my day. It is wonderful that you are again posting. I like the new picture. Keep getting stronger and I am so glad to have you finally getting better. Happiness, Anne

Oh Shannon, it's so good to hear from you! You don't owe us anything for praying for you, and we will continue, just because you're you! I love this picture of the two of you. Keep getting better, and I'm glad you're hanging in there, Mary has been very good to keep us up on how you're doing.

Thank you my friends.

I'm two days away from getting to go home. The staff is setting up a visiting nurse for me three times daily. Mary will be staying with me. I m very worried. Worried isn't the word. I'm having hard time finding the right words for much. And hard time typing. Very slow. Going to be having OT and PT at home. But my Leo wont be home. I don't even know how I feel. But my heart is in my throat an I feel like I'm in someone else dream. :(

I ant seem to make much sense the last couple days about anything. Getting very flustered. :(

Dearest Shannon,

It is just so very good to hear from you, dear.

I am glad you will be home in a few days, but don't rush things.

You are going to be very numb and in a fog for a while, so be patient with yourself. You have been through a lot, and it is going to take time to even begin to sort out your life again. Just try to take it one day at a time, and be sure you are taking good care of all your physical needs.

Just stay in touch when you feel up to it, and know that we are all keeping you in our prayers and hearts. We are cheering for you.

Much Love,

*<twinkles>*

fae

Hi Fae

I have missed your *twinkles*

I'm going down for a nap hopefully without getting interrupted by needle pokes, temp taking, bp checking.

Your news about going home is good. I am glad that you will have so much help and that your dear Mary will be with you. She is indeed a guardian angel.

One small step at a time, dear Shannon. I know how very much you will miss not having you Leo with you physically but he is with you. You know that. Healing is a long, long journey. As I have to do - take care of your health first because there are many wonderful things ahead for you. We don't know what it is yet but we have things to do and lives to touch that we do not know about. We are all here for you. Anne

Dear Shannon,

What you are experiencing, in part, has to do with the treatments you have been undergoing. In just the last few months the medical journals have confirmed that chemo has exactly this kind of effect on patients brains. I think they call it chemo-brain. Patients have been talking about it of years, but researchers have only recently confirmed it.

In addition, between the anesthesia and the painkillers they have had you on, you have likely not cleared those from your system either. I saw the effects of that in Jane after here heart surgery. She said her brain just didn't feel like it worked right. The nurses and doctors both told us that was normal--that they see it all the time--and that it can take a couple of months for people to clear the stuff out of their system and start to feel normal again.

Put your grief over Leo into the equation--and your loss is very recent--and I'd be amazed if you were not feeling pretty much how you are feeling.

None of this will likely make you feel any less worried or frustrated, but it is going to be OK. You are through the toughest of the medical problems. Give yourself time to heal now--as well as time and space to grieve.

We all love you and care very deeply about you. Be well.

Peace,

Harry

Shannon,

I keep a steady stream of good wishes headed your way. Going home is very good news, and yes it does come with a lot of other emotions but it is good. Lean on Mary, this treatment you have gone through is very intense. You may not feel it but you certainly have shown that you have an amazing inner strength. Know that you are surrounded by well wishes.

Sue

I agree completely with all the comments you've received, Shannon ~ and as you already know, the hospital is just about the worst place in the world for you to get any rest, what with the noise, the lights on all day and all night, and the constant interruptions with staff members taking vital signs, checking equipment, cleaning your room, making your bed, administering meds, etc. Soon you'll be resting in your own bed, in your own home, on your own time frame. You have an amazing inner strength, even if you're not aware of it ~ and you have a very special sister-in-law looking after you. On top of all of that, you've got us!

Shannon,

I'm glad you will be able to go home and I hope you have a lot of patience and understanding for yourself, you have been through a lot. I'm thankful you will have Mary with you and I hope she also realizes her limitations with her leg injury. Take things slow and go with the flow, it'll all come in due time. And as was already said, I truly believe Leo is with you and will be with you. They change form but are still with us.

Hi everyone,

Shan was hoping to be coming home tomorrow if all was going in the right direction. However, things right now are still somewhat unpredictable. This morning she began running a temp of 101+ and had some loose stools, difficulty breathing, and complaining of pain in her back between her shoulder blades, more to the right side. She had a chest X-ray and there is no pneumonia, thank God. Her Dr says she has pleurisy; inflammation in the lining of her right lung from a viral infection. So she's back on the IV for now and getting breathing treatments four times daily. So coming home is postponed. The Dr knew there would be a possibility of a kink in the discharge plan but its just a slow process. Her blood counts are still improving. Yay for that. :)

Oh my goodness, poor Shannon! I had a friend with pleurisy, she said it's quite painful. Again, praying for her, I hope soon she can come home.

Dear Mary,

Give Shannon our best. I have had pleurisy a couple times. It is painful and a a setback--but kinks happen. The blood counts are the most important thing and they continue to rise, so I'll echo your, "Yay." She remains in our thoughts and hearts--as do you.

Peace,

Harry