Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Finding Peace

Peace is an item so rare to those grieving. We live with anguish, tears, worries, loneliness, fear, and sometimes anger. It becomes so hard to find peace. When I was two as opposed to one as I am now. I had so many peaceful times. Walking on a beach with her hand in mine, or having coffee in the mornings sitting in the Jacuzzi, were ways we could shed the stress of daily life and work. The hard part is finding that alone.

Peace is an elusive thing. You have to work at it. For me, it keeps running just ahead while I try to catch up dodging all those other emotions. Grief is hard. When I become to tired, I collapse and see peace running on ahead till it disappears from sight. Today I woke to a light rain falling. I woke to find the daylight coming through my window. I seldom wake that late. I made my coffee and sat outside and enjoyed a moment of true peace. It slowed down just long enough for me to catch it. How long that has been.

I post this because I needed to share it. For however long this peace lasts, I am so glad it came. I have read about meditation here but alas I am a slow learner. Those with tools to share, please feel free to offer them.

May peaceful moments find their way into all of our lives.

Stephen

Thank you, Stephen, for that beautiful thought. I just came on line to read a few posts and this caught my eye. It is good to have those glimpses of peace in our lives. It is so hard for all of us to just BE as we have talked about before. Sometimes I wonder just where we are going in such a hurry. It takes effort on our part to take in those moments that offer us peace. One of my favorite places to just BE is on my patio looking at the sky or the trees or the flowers where butterflies and hummers flit around. Most times I don't even see the other birds because I focus on those hummers.

I am glad that you recognized and took time to enjoy your moment of peace today.

Anne

Trust me on this Arlene. You will find peace and it may even find you. You sometimes have to just stop and listen. Like the rain today.........didn't it kind of seem peaceful? Just that simple thing can work. I stand outside and just close my eyes, take a few deep breaths, and let it wash over me. Kathy and I always loved the rain. It was those times that seemed the most romantic to me. While memories like that can make you cry, keep trying it, you just might find the peace over powers the sorrow. Baby steps right? ^_^

Stephen

• 5 weeks later...

This may not work for you guys, but here lately this song has brought me so much comfort and peace as very few things do. Needless to say I play the hek out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBurIziQuUA

Just to let you know, this particular vid has a Christian story written on the screen with the song, so if that bothers you but you still want to hear the song, you can search for Celtic Thunder Heartland on Youtube, and the first result will be a live version with just them singing and playing.