Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Question: Off Topic Personal.

Mary1063

I have an off topic question. Is anyone here in the medical or nursing profession?

I have been sick since very very early this morning with diarhea, vomiting, fever 101, aches, chills. Taking phenergan for vomiting nausea. Lomotil for diarhea. The vomiting and diarhea finally got controlled I felt a little better. Then tried dry toast. Ginger ale. That went right through me. More diarhea. Then the last two hours I have had more cramping, and urgency but no diarhea... But about very half hour I go and it's just clear mucus and some tinges of bright blood not dark.

Anyone have an suggestions whether I should worry right now or not? Or just it's part of this bug I have? I know none of you are professionals but have you experienced this. I don't want to set foot in a hospital again. For obvious reasons from losing my brother and SIL recently.

Any input is appreciated.

Mary, my dear, I don't want to alarm you, but any time you find blood in your stool, it is reason enough to see your doctor as soon as possible so he or she can assess your symptoms and evaluate whether there is a problem in your lower digestive tract, such as hemorrhoids or diverticulitis. Your reluctance to set foot in a hospital again so soon after Shannon and Leo's ordeals is completely understandable, but please don't let that stop you. The symptoms you describe are serious and worthy of a physician's attention. Please make an appointment as soon as possible, okay? And let us know how things go from there. We care about you and we will worry until we know what is going on with you.

Just got home from ER. Went at 11:00pm. I have C Diff. My immune system is so crappy, I picked bacteria up anywhere... But probably at the nursing home where Leo Mom is. That explains the horrible diarhea vomiting fever etc...

The bloody mucus, which is what I was so worried about, is not to be worried about right now... It's from the infection and inflammation of the bowels. Need to see dr Monday or go back to ER between, now and the. If things worsen. Temp was over 102. Is 100. Now. Feeling like utter crap. I'm on Flagyl as well as Zithromax. I have a cough and congestion too.

Going to try to sleep, but I hurt everywhere and am still very nauseas. The fever and chills are yuck!

Got several bags of fluids there. I'm exhausted seven hrs there. :(

Note.... I have been visiting Leo and mine and Ziggy's biological Mom telling her about Leo. That's where the nursing home comes in. But we do not get along. Never have. But I felt she should know about Leo.

Ok, back to bed for me and Little Man.

Mary,

I got home late last night and didn't see this, so glad you got seen. I know how hard it is to go back to the hospital where they were, I hope you found a different one to go to. Sending you healing thoughts and prayers today!

Thanks

I guess this is what I get for having the heart enough to go see mine, Leo, and Ziggy's Mom... Who none of us have had contact with since childhood because she was severely abusive in every way. :(

Leo and Ziggy... Twins... Were purposefully burned in scalding hot bath water. After that and surgeries on their behinds and feet... It was our aunt who took us in. But I thought in her old age and illness, she should know about Leo's passing just as Leo informed her after Ziggy passed.

But I most likely picked up C Diff at that facility.

The ER doc contacted my doc this morning and I got a call from my doc saying to not take the Zithromax.... He wanted me on Levaquin instead. So I'm on Flagyl Levaquin and diflucan (to prevent a yeast infection) and I've got a rash on a couple places but its believed to be a heat rash from the high temp. My temp is bouncing between. 100 and 102. Sleep is very hard with the fever and aches ESP. I'm in bed with my Little Man sipping fluids watching Netflix, I held down my meds and I just took more Motrin because my temp is back to 102.3.

Hubby had to work today. But he will be home in a couple hours.

This infection has me knocked down to where grief is somehow on the back burner.

Mary,

Bless your kind heart, you're a better person than me. Anyone who could deliberately scald little ones doesn't deserve the title "mom", birth or otherwise! I'm sorry you contracted something and are suffering just because you tried to "do the right thing". I hope the medicine knocks it down quickly and you start feeling better!

Dear Mary,

Did the docs put you on the BRAT diet of Bananas, rice, applesauce and toast for a few days until your system can calm down and rest a bit?

That is about the extent of my medical knowledge, but it has helped me a couple of times.

We are all thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers.

Blessings and
*<twinkles>*

fae