Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Illness And Grief

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you, Jan. I do not have company very often but when or if I do, I usually do plan something like that. When Bill was alive, it was not necessary but since his death, I find a bridge helpful. Even after an evening out with people and I come home to the silent house...I try to do something like log on here or email friends, etc.

Arlene, I'm afraid I'm rather unadoptable too. :) And I like my space.

Jan, That's a good idea Mary had, it'll give you something to look forward to, which is what we all need.

I signed up for a Tues. eve. Bible Study, and may join the community choir, which practices Mon. eves., and with church Sun. and prayer mtg. Wed. eve., it'll get me out of the house.

Dear Jan,

I am glad you will have a friend to share a glass of wine today.

Dear Kay,

I see you are already filling your days with positive things. Good for you! We are learning how to take care of ourselves in this new life we have now.

Dear Arlene,

I am glad you are going with your own schedule, and finding ways to make it work for you. Yes, living alone can be very comfortable.

Dear Anne,

I hope you have a good day planned. I have a note to send to you as soon as I have some more beautiful cards. :)

Dear Mary,

I love the intentional bridge planning, and hope to put that in place as well. A very good idea. I am going to try an hour of work then an hour of rest today. :) Checking on myself every hour. I am going to actually use a timer so if I get absorbed in work, the timer will remind me to pause, check on myself, and meditate for a while, as well as get a new cup of hot tea. :)

Blessings and

*<twinkles>*

fae

Yes, fae, I do use that occasionally. I also frequently choose not to so that I do not run away from the reality of my life....i.e. when guests leave or a party ends or I come home from a wonderful evening out with friends...I AM alone and that is real. So I just listen and follow my voice depending on the situation.

Take care of you. I love the timer idea.

Mary

I have a list a mile long of things to do...both chores and fun, so I need never get bored or wonder how to fill my days. I'm already seeing that that won't likely be a problem, there's ALWAYS things to do!

I will try to mete it out so I don't fill all my time with busy-ness.

fae, I really hope you don't overdo, you're still not well. How about 1/2 hour work and 1 hour rest?

Yes, alone, that is the reality, no matter how often we surround ourselves with family and friends. I do keep pretty busy, with theatre, and with visits with friends and/or family. The reality is always there, one of those things on this journey with which we just have to learn to live.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Yes, HRH Mary, amen to that! It's amazing how long it can take to get used to living completely alone.