Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The Girl I Was Dating Dumped Me

arbitrator

You need a clean break...don't "follow" her on Twitter, FB, or anywhere else, or this will continue to happen.

Woah KayC, so Jim admitted but of course, he didnt do anything about it. Maybe the admission was the best he could do, taking his aspenger into account.

Arbitrator, Miley Cyrus didn΄t actually admit anything. A magazine wrote that, and she even mocked the fact on her twitter page http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2487499/Miley-Cyrus-mocks-new-magazine-cover-making-profile-picture-Twitter.html

But in any case, regarding your ex friend, the more you read about her twitter and fb etc the more you cannot move on. I blocked all my common friends on FB, change my skype account and stop learning about him and his news. It was difficult in the begining. But now I really feel better and I believe I finally left him behind. And no, there wasn't any other guy to date. But I don't care about this stuff. The more you care for finding someone to replace the ex, the more it doesn't come. You just need sheer determination.

And you know, if you keep on like that, there won't be any future anyway because she will have a bad impression of you and you for her

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It has now been three months since my ex shut me out. The only real problem I have been having is with sleep; I wake up too early then can't get back to sleep. However, I think I may have found the solution. I folded up a blanket and put it under my pillows so my head will be more elevated. I slept all night last night and only woke up a few minutes early instead of one or two hours.

As for grief about my ex, I simply need to remember that there is one thing I can do that she can't even begin to do.....I can support myself and pay my own bills :D

Take good care of yourself, focus your attention on YOU, and it'll lessen your thoughts of her eventually. Three months still hurts but should be easier than at first.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you are able to get some peace and your psy. helps you.

Yea right, like they end the relationship when a parent dies!

ahhahah. sorry that I am laughing, but this is what I have tell a lot of times to my friends. Because it is true that you usually learn things from every relationship no matter how bad it is. So when someone was telling me this I was saying, yeah I learnt, better to go after guys who do not have parents

The truth is, love is always a risk. And if they have no parents to die and break up with us over, it might be a child or a sibling, or a lost job, or anything. Or they could die themselves, as I learned when my husband unexpectedly died 8 1/2 years ago. Love is a risk. And if we aren't willing to take that risk, we will live safely in a cocoon, but we will miss so much...more than we'll ever know. That's probably where I am now. :)

Last Wed. I wished (tweeted) my ex a Merry Christmas, but NOT before going over the Twitter rules and applicable state laws with a fine-toothed comb. I felt compelled to do so when she tweeted on xmas eve about how much pain she was in because it was her first xmas without her father and that "words could not express how much he's missed". I didn't get a negative reaction (actually I didn't get a reaction at all). Still working hard on finding Miss Right Now; still no takers :(

It'll happen for you, give it time. I haven't dated since Jim but have still managed to get a couple of proposals, so trust me, if a 61 year old can do that, you can! Just be picky and take your time. :)

The first four months were the toughest for me...hopefully you're on the up side now!

• 2 weeks later...

What a lovely thing for s/he to tell you and I know it had to feel so good to hear.

It takes our feelings a bit of time to catch up with we know...it will all come together. I have learned that patience pays off.

I'm glad they told you that, I think that's true for all of us. She may know it now but it's water under the bridge, I'm glad you've moved on!

• 2 weeks later...

Last week my ex's bff followed me on Twitter; it looks like she's been shut out too. She tweeted her saying "I miss you" which I favorited, then the next day she followed me and I followed her back. Who knows, I might end up dating the bff? I just hope for her sake that telling her she misses her doesn't turn out to be a mistake like it was for me.

It's unusual for them to shut out their BFF, usually just their partner/relationship. It seems cold and heartless, doesn't it? No matter how much I've dissected this subject, I'm not sure I'll every fully "get it" because it's just not something I would ever do. No matter how understanding I am, I still can't quite get it.

Yes Kayc, it sure does seem cold and heartless. It's how she deals with the stress of her messed up life (greatly amplified by her adhd). When she did this to me before, I had one of her coworkers tell me "don't worry about her not talking to you. She's just going through so much s*** right now that she's shutting out everyone who cares about her".

Lmao....this is too good to keep :D While I was on my lunchbreak today I checked my newest Twitter follower's tweets and found one that made my day!! My ex tweeted to her "I'll never find my soulmate". She also mentioned seeing some guy, but from what I can gather she's just as careless with him as she was with me.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes but on the other hand, isn't the fact that she said that "she will never find her soulmate" that she doesn't regard you as her soulmate either? And anyway, this woman seems confused anyway and she cannot appreciate the ones who are next to her. Moreover, since she has someone, it is not the grief her problem that she is not with you.