Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One Month

Mary1063

Hello Mary,

Sometimes the time goes by quickly and at other times it goes by so slowly. I am thinking of you during these hard times. It is so early in your grief. I wish there were words that could comfort you but there are not. I just want you to know that I sit with you and watch the flame burn. Many memories of your dear Shannon. Know that we are all here gathered around our fire and holding you in our hearts. Love, Anne

We are indeed here...all of us. It does seem a lonely journey, it's normal to feel others don't understand. But there are others who have been through loss and can understand at least on some level.

I'm just struggling immensely. This is so difficult. The weather is changing. The leaves are falling everywhere. It feels as so unfair that life is passing by and continuing. But then maybe I'm just the only one who feels this way...

Hello Mary,

I am so sorry that you are struggling. It is understandable for all that you have gone through. Besides my grief counselor I worked with for over a year, I took the online class that Marty put together for those grieving and found both very helpful in my journey. You can find Marty's e-class here: The First Year of Grief: Help for the Journey

I would suggest that you sign up for the classes to come to you through e-mails twice a month because there is much reading material to go through and you then have time to work through your grief. I still go back to the book on occasion and find information helpful.

I never was one to sit in a group and talk about my grief so reading became what did and is still helping me.

Yes, fall is in the air. We are finally coming into the weather that will give us months of beautiful weather here in the valley - outdoor weather that we wait so patiently for during the very hot summer months.

Let me know if you want some suggestions of books or materials to be directed to - there is so much out there that it could be overwhelming. I will send you the other web site Marty has that is filled with excellent suggestions. Reading will help you understand some of the feelings you are having, Mary. Thinking of you. Anne

Hi thank you Anne

I am unsure about the online course right now. My therapist gave me a book on Sibling Grief. My concentration is limited right now. :(

Last night and today have just been really trying. Have to be happy for my grandsons. It's difficult. But they are my heart.

No you aren't the only one to feel this way.

How is little man?

And how are your foot/toe injuries?