Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Nights Are Hard

Mary1063

Today I got the courage to open the letter and the gift that Leo left with Butch and myself to give to Shannon in the event he passed away. I never got to give it to Shan as she was so ill and fighting for her life. I was waiting for a time when she would be home to give it to her. Sadly that never came to be as you all know. :(

My brother was not one to express himself very well, but his words to his wife were absolutely the most amazingly loving expression of love, honor, and gratitude. He wanted her to go on and find love again. He loved her enough to want only happiness for her, yet he expressed how much he knew that she would always love him. And the gift he left for her is a necklace with an "infinity" sign on it. Symbolizing that their love will go on forever.

Nighttime is the worst for grief I am finding out. It all floods over me at night. Tonight is pretty bad. I have my Little Man here so very close to me.

Missing my brother and SIL.

Dear Mary,

That is so very beautiful. I am glad you were able to open it and see the necklace. How wonderful that Leo and Shannon had such a wonderful love between them, and how very wonderful that they had you in their lives as well. I know your heart is broken, and that you are in deep grief each day. I am glad you have Little Man with you, and your family there with you as well.

Peace to your heart, dear Mary,

*<twinkles>*

fae

And indeed their love does go on. That is the symbol George and I had on our wedding bands, we had them custom made.

I know this is so very hard for you. I, too, am very glad you have Little Man.

Yes their love was so special and endless but sadly thereway too few yrs together.

I fell very early this morning. Injured both knees. Hubby took me to the ER. Had MRI's and both my meniscus are torn in both knees and my right patella is fractured as well as an ACL tear. I am in knee immobilizers and on morphine. And seeing my orthopedic surgeon Monday morning. Surgery is a definite. Though the ER ortho said probably after some time for swelling to subside some.

If someone was attempting to get me resting and not moving... It worked. Painfully :(

The morphine is naseating for sure. Have Zofran for that. I'm very loopy. Need assistance getting up and to the bathroom. Thank god for my walker and my husband and son.

If I'm not here, it s because of pain, pain meds and loopiness.

Prayers to everyone.

Oh Mary, I am so sorry, not what you needed!
Do let us know when you have surgery scheduled.

Yes they had short years here, but I believe with all my heart that they will have eternity together now.

Oh Mary, this is just not what you need at this time. I am so very sorry that you fell. Your fall sounds very serious. Those ALC tears are a difficult thing to deal with... keep us updated when you are able to. You are at the top of my prayer list right now. Anne

Mary, I am so sorry you fell and that surgery awaits...when we are grieving, I know from experience that we are more prone to these things. I appreciate your humor about resting...I do believe there is some truth to these things. I hope you can get something that helps but does not create as many side effects as morphine.

I do appreciate the infinity sign also....so glad Shannon had the love of such a beautiful man. And now they are, all three of them, with you and with each other in a new way...one we here find difficult and painful, of course.

Peace and health to you

Mary

Mary,

I tore mine last winter when I slipped on ice. Normally they only heal with surgery but mine finally did heal, I had to learn a new way of getting in/out of the car though because that was when I stressed it the most (I have a very low car). I'm glad your doctor isn't going to mess around and will do surgery, esp. with it being more than one tear. Did your prior injuries ever heal or are these in addition to those?

Thanks ladies.

Because of my diabetes, there is higher probability of breaks and tears. Hence where I am now. My one toe is still broken too. But somehow it doesn't hurt so much now. As Leo used to say... "Let's drop a brick on your foot and you will forget your headache!" LOL. That was my brothers humor. :)

Will let you all know what happens at my surgeons and when surgeries will be. I'm pretty much dozing a lot with the morphine. Hubby is home today. Thank goodness.

So glad, Mary, that you can doze and be out of pain. You have had enough pain of all kinds to fill a lifetime. Rest and heal. Mary

Dear Mary,

I am finally reading here and wanted to send more get well wishes along with lots of {{{hugs}}} to you. Thank goodness you have something for the pain! Yes, diabetes can complicate surgery and compromise tissue. I know you will have a good surgeon and that you will get through this.

You have entirely too much stress and grief right now without the knees. But, yes, I sometimes wonder when we get knocked down if it is not G*d telling us Most Forcefully that we had better stop and rest for a while, and be still and listen.

There are small, quiet voices of love and kindness, compassion and gentleness, all within your heart. As you listen to them, you are going to come to know that you need to take a break, probably for a few months at least, to just heal, be in peace, and cherish the wonderful love and all your memories of Shannon and Leo.

Be well. Rest and heal. Slow down and let the world go by. You can catch up with it later, dear heart.

We are all sending much love, and I am sending lots of

*<twinkles>*

fae

Mary,

I have heard that some Native Americans would actually do that, cut a finger to divert the pain away from something else. :o

I hope you can spend some quiet time just reading or something, no more breaking things! Do keep us posted!

You most definitely didn't need this.